What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
About a third of a bowl left of year 2014 Esoterica And So To Bed in a 2002 smooth matte finish brown Karl Erik rough top freehand with a black acrylic tapered stem.
Karl_Erik_Matte_Freehand.jpg

Jim, I have a question for you, sir. About a year ago I bought a Radice Rind finished Canadian panel (squared off) with a rectangular shank from Smoking pIpes.com. I love the pipe, and it smokes nicely. My only problem with it is discoloration of the briar. Is there any was to clean or refresh the finish on the briar? Your first Viprati looks great, and I would appreciate any advice you could give me about this.
Thanks for your time and attention.
I've seen this discussed on forums about ways to do that, but I'm afraid I'm not the one to ask. I've never tried doing that. Try starting a thread on this forum, and perhaps somebody who has experience with it can help you.

I've seen this discussed on forums about ways to do that, but I'm afraid I'm not the one to ask. I've never tried doing that. Try starting a thread on this forum, and perhaps somebody who has experience with it can help you.
Jim,

Thanks for the reply. I'll see if I can do just that.

Carl

Finished work for the day, and smoked a bowl of Wilke No. 111 in a straight smooth medium brown 2016 Brigham Klondike 16 bulldog with a tapered black acrylic stem. I'll complete this story tomorrow. Fed Daisy the Feral Princess and Tomato the Brave. Tomato was very unhappy about me giving attention to Eager Abner, and didn't show up yesterday at all. I searched the neighborhood, and he didn't respond when I called his name. Early this evening, I was chatting with a neighbor, and saw Tomato in my neighbor's neighbor's bushes. I called to him, and he came near me, but wouldn't come to me as usual. I guess he figured ten minutes of that punishment was enough for me because I went to him, and gave him a lot of attention. Then, I started walking to my house and he walked with me because the li'l bugger knew I would feed him. He got plenty more attention from me and m'lady, and he ate like a hungry bear. Abner tried to make friends with him, but Tomato just sat there and didn't make a move. Abner gave up and walked off to wherever it is he goes. But, Tomato showed up this evening, so I guess he's okay now.
View attachment 10348
Wasn't there a cartoon called Little Abner? Maybe he thinks you named him after a cartoon character? Still think Midnight would have been a better name. Lol.

Good morning everybody. And another beautiful day it is too in old blighty. Today I thought I'd try something a little different to smoke. But then as I was perusing over the choices in my cellar. I thought to hell with it, and picked up my Jar of beloved Hobbit Weed, which I'm going to fill into this Filigree adorned Bent Apple. Sit in my garden, and take in the delights of nature, on this beautiful day. I hope your day is as every bit as awesome my friends.View attachment 10352View attachment 10353
Go ahead and enjoy. More socks coming your way, lol.

Good morning everybody. And another beautiful day it is too in old blighty. Today I thought I'd try something a little different to smoke. But then as I was perusing over the choices in my cellar. I thought to hell with it, and picked up my Jar of beloved Hobbit Weed, which I'm going to fill into this Filigree adorned Bent Apple. Sit in my garden, and take in the delights of nature, on this beautiful day. I hope your day is as every bit as awesome my friends.View attachment 10352View attachment 10353
PS beautiful pipe buddy.

Good morning,
Starting my day with a Bari Wiking freehand,Stanwell vanilla and a mug of freshly perked Community coffee, Beautiful morning 65 and sunny.
I had a shouting match with my boss last night at his meeting-He apparently has gotten calls from other catering companies looking for references on me! LOL! What a jerk...
Tell him if he wants to quit getting calls give you a raise and quit being a jerk. Sounds like you should only deal with the wife.

British Woods in a billiard stamped with the logo of The Lassen Pipe Shop, a long-defunct shop in the Lassen Hotel in Wichita. No idea who made it. The Lassen shop was always just a bit hoity-toity for my taste; my "home" shop was The Pipe Rack, about five doors down on the same street, sadly long gone as well...

RIZ680nl.jpg

Felt like something with a bit of light Latakia so having CS Shepherds Pie in a Sasieni made Stanford bent stacked rhodesian. Another big mug of cowboy coffee. Our resident quail just showed up for breakfast, lol.

Idle, I used to visit Wichita quite frequently when I worked for Learjet. Think I might have visited the Pipe Rack. Remember it as being a friendly place. Would have been in the mid to late 80s.

CD Habana Daydream in a CAO Mark Twain meerschaum. I reorganized my pipes a couple of days ago, and I loaded up my pipe this morning and lit it up looking forward to cigar leaf and whatever else it has, I'm smoking and smoking and I realize I have PS Natural in my pipe. Gotta turn the lights on next time. 🙂
20230612_133952.jpg

Nurse Ratchet told me yesterday, that I need to hydrate more, especially in this weather. So being the attentive man that I am. I've packed a small leather pouch with some St. Bruno, and a couple of Standard System petes. And I'm going to freewheel down through the village and into my local pub 🤣. Have an awesome day my friends.

Just finishing this bowl of year 2014 Dunhill Flake in a straight smooth dark brown 1916 Barling The Hunt with beautiful silver work and a black vulcanite saddle stem with an orific bit. Ice water and bergs is my drink. It's almost time for the first game of the Braves-Tigers double header.
Barling_Hunter_1.jpg

Wasn't there a cartoon called Little Abner? Maybe he thinks you named him after a cartoon character? Still think Midnight would have been a better name. Lol.
You're thinking of Li'l Abner which is a totally different character. Somebody on my Facebook page suggested Midnight, too, but m'lady didn't care for it or the fifteen other names I suggested. But, if he belongs to somebody as I suspect he does, he won't answer to any name.

A third of the way through this bowl of year 2013 Capstan Blue Flake in a straight black sandblasted 1924 Parker’s Super Briar Bark 11 billiard with a tapered black vulcanite stem. This pipe was made in the second year of Parker production.
1924_Parker_Billiard_11.jpg