What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Starting the day with a Savinelli 616ks and Jamestown,Quick k-cup while the coffee perks. It`s a chilly 31 degrees here,we got about 3 inches of snow overnight.
Something has troubled me all night.
The friend that we moved yesterday asked 12 people to help her move and they said they would definitely be there. When I arrived with the truck,there was only 4 people . She asked for help from people she knew aged 20-70. The only guys that showed up and helped are over 55 years old,most like myself are closer to 70 years old.
My thinking is what has happened to the younger people in our country? Are only us dinosaurs the only people that will help someone and honors a promise?

Good Morning!
Not much snowfall, at least yet, winter will not go quietly! This morning's MM Diplomat Apple is filled with Charring Cross along with black coffee.

EZ, I think it's a societal issue and has to do with the transfer of morals to the youngest as part of their general societal education. There seems to be a relative interpretation of truth rather than definitional understanding.

Smoking some Five Brothers in a Captain Black billiard that I refurbished.
Captain-Black-Refurb.jpg

Good morning everyone. A pretty nice day here so far. 32 but sunny and no wind. However, winter ain't done yet. Predicting 5 to 8 inches of snow for tomorrow and high winds. Guess I'll take down the feeders again, lol. For now it's CS Rivendell in the Lorenzo Old Vic giant bent billiard with Costa Rican coffee. Tons of birdies on the feeders.
Bali, not so much set in your ways as just knowing what you like and what you want. Nothing wrong with that.
EZ, it's a big problem today. Young people don't want to work, expect parents or government to take care of them, want a lot of free stuff given to them, that they are not willing to work for. Don't want to help others. Protest everything they don't agree with but have no idea or understanding of how to change it in a rationale way. I'm not saying all young people fit this mold but enough of them that it is allowing our country to morph into an irretrievably broken state. Sad.

Enjoying a hearty bowl of C&D Burley Flake #1 in a Vauen bent pot with my morning cup of black coffee. A little rough on my tongue but exactly the flavor I was looking for at the moment.

Was just browsing Smokingpipes.com to try out some G&H bulk tobaccos. 2 of them sold out while I was looking!
I can't help but wonder.. who are these people that buy tons and tons of rope tobacco to ensure there's never any left in stock? They are ostensibly not that popular if the forums are anything to go by, yet they seem to go out of stock as soon as they're put up. The scarcity adds to the intrigue.. I guess I'm a sucker for things I can't have but now I want that Brown Twist more than I initially thought I did :unsure:

Good morning everyone. A pretty nice day here so far. 32 but sunny and no wind. However, winter ain't done yet. Predicting 5 to 8 inches of snow for tomorrow and high winds. Guess I'll take down the feeders again, lol. For now it's CS Rivendell in the Lorenzo Old Vic giant bent billiard with Costa Rican coffee. Tons of birdies on the feeders.
Bali, not so much set in your ways as just knowing what you like and what you want. Nothing wrong with that.
EZ, it's a big problem today. Young people don't want to work, expect parents or government to take care of them, want a lot of free stuff given to them, that they are not willing to work for. Don't want to help others. Protest everything they don't agree with but have no idea or understanding of how to change it in a rationale way. I'm not saying all young people fit this mold but enough of them that it is allowing our country to morph into an irretrievably broken state. Sad.
As a member of the younger population, I fully endorse everything you've said, and it's sad to not be able to relate to most people my own age. Lots of phone addicts with attention deficit disorders that want to go shout at other people to fix their problems instead of putting their devices down and taking the time to think about life and formulate a plan. Or maybe, read a book?
Growing up on social media has turned everyone into entitled phonies.
I quit social media in 2009, and I can't say I feel that I've missed out on anything.

As you say, this doesn't apply to everybody, but it applies to enough people that it's disheartening to imagine the world 20 years from now.

I stretched out my first smoke into my morning smoke. I started to look for chicks from hatcheries, Barred Plymouth Rocks in particular and found that all chicks are pretty much sold old until August! I guess the egg crisis has convinced people to raise their own. Facebook and Craigslist will be loaded with free chickens in September when grocery store eggs drop to $2/doz and keeping chickens is too much work.

Nice to have a place to vent, pun included. My second smoke of the day is Kensington in a Rob Roy. Oh, Red Broilers are sold out too, the price of axes will probably go up!

Smoking a very old Savinelli ,It`s simply stamped Emerson. smoking some MB Scottish mixture along with a Hortons k-cup.
The woman that we helped move yesterday called me earlier to see how I was feeling today, She said that she saw that I was in a lot of pain when I was there. She is a wonderful caring person,She told me she felt betrayed by her other friends that couldn`t be bothered to help her. It`s sad to see a happy, cheerful person be brought down by a a bunch of lazy individuals. I know that she`s grateful to be in her home and thats what matters to me!
Ranger, I agree with your take on this 100%

Enjoyed a tall stack of cinnamon raisin French toast with a navel orange and a Jazz apple on the side. I'm half way through this bowl of year 2013 Capstan Blue Flake in a straight 1924 Dunhill’s “Shell Briar” patent pot 7 with a tapered black vulcanite stem. Lavazza Espresso, neat, is my drink. Watching an episode of Nova about the Webb telescope.
Dunhill_1924_ pot.jpg