What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really need to get back to England some day soon. London was interesting but I loved the small villages and the pubs.
Being a Cockney, I was born and bred in Londons East End. There was a time I thought I wouldn't want to live anywhere else. But after being medically discharged from the Military. Mrs Z and myself moved to where we live now. And I can't imagine ever wanting to live anywhere else. In fact when I visit London now, I can't wait to leave and get home 😊.
1243.jpg

Being a Cockney, I was born and bred in Londons East End. There was a time I thought I wouldn't want to live anywhere else. But after being medically discharged from the Military. Mrs Z and myself moved to where we live now. And I can't imagine ever wanting to live anywhere else. In fact when I visit London now, I can't wait to leave and get home 😊. View attachment 10227
Now that's an English village picture that will stay in my memory for quite a while. Certainly glad you posted it.

Didn't look at the gauge this morning, but I think somewhere in the lower 60s. Sunny and pleasant. Rusticated Italian freehand poker with new LNF. Had to go to this pipe again because of those #2015 ghosts a couple days ago, and it did not disappoint. New LNF is now at the right moisture level. All cylinders ticked this morning. 8/10.
Good morning Zeno, glad your taste is back. I've been wondering how you like to prepare your LNF. Do you dry it much and rubbed out or folded, etc.? It's one of my consistent favorites. Thanks Swede

Nearing the half way mark on this bowl of early 2000s Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 2014 Basil Meadows smooth slight bend squashed tomato with an aluminum band and a black pearl acrylic stem in the military mount style. Couldn't sleep.
Basil_squashed_ tomato copy.jpg

Good morning Zeno, glad your taste is back. I've been wondering how you like to prepare your LNF. Do you dry it much and rubbed out or folded, etc.? It's one of my consistent favorites. Thanks Swede
I take one flake and strip it into 3mm or so sections, like string cheese. Maybe 5-7 strips? And then I crudely rub it out. I don't get too obsessive about it being perfectly rubbed out, because I don't want the collateral damage of tiny bits. I do sometimes just fold it, but not too often. As for moisture, I like it moist enough to be just a tad sticky on the fingers. A tad beyond squeeze and spring back. It's pretty moist, but obviously not so much that it is a struggle to keep it burning. I give a char light, tamp, and one more light. If I have it right, I never have to re-light, so it isn't goopy moist, but if I understand the preferences I read on the boards, probably more moist than a lot of smokers. When my nose is working well, which isn't always because of allergies, I can also tell if the tobacco is at the right moisture level by how it smells in the jar. If I'm not getting much smell in the jar, it's almost always too dry for my tastes. I get a robust jar scent when I have the moisture level right on. Are your findings similar?

Being a Cockney, I was born and bred in Londons East End. There was a time I thought I wouldn't want to live anywhere else. But after being medically discharged from the Military. Mrs Z and myself moved to where we live now. And I can't imagine ever wanting to live anywhere else. In fact when I visit London now, I can't wait to leave and get home 😊. View attachment 10227
I can see why. Looks like a wonderful little village.

Smoking a Hilson author with Lane LL-7 and another k-cup,while my 2 nd pot of coffee perks on the stove. I got my new peterson from England earlier today,Sadly I can`t seem to get the bowl coating out of it? I usually wipe it out with a wet paper towel ,but it`s not working? I hate to smoke it off!

Slept in a bit this morning so a bit late to the party, lol. Great minds must think alike Zippo my friend. Hobbits Weed in a Don Carlos bent brandy for me with CR coffee. Would love to visit your quaint little village some day. Already added to my bucket list. Quail are squawking because there is nothing in their feeder, lol.

Passing the quarter mark on this bowl of year 2016 Peter Heinrichs Dark Strong Kentucky in an undated family era Sasieni Natural Four Dot Grosvenor smooth medium brown quarter bend bulldog with a black tapered vulcanite stem. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
SasieniNatural4Dot_Grosvenor.jpg

Lovely.