What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow, sounds like the cowboy craze we had here back in the 90s. Guys all wearing boots and cowboy hats to the local honky tonk. And none of them knew a horse from a jackass, lol. Where do they get the buckles if there's no rodeo? I'm guessing they buy them, not win them. In all my rodeo days I never won a buckle because here it's based on total points not one event. I came close a couple of years ago. Came in second in a senior reining contest. I'll see if I can find a buckle to send your way.
The buckles they have here are virtually all American made, and imported into the UK. They are very popular with the younger generation. And your right, they are all shop bought.

I've done enough mowing for the day and I'm relaxing with my outdoor TV and Peterson Flake.
16882382249437377401862306379329.jpg

Been a busy day today, I had a visit from my sister, who hates me smoking, so to keep the peace, and stop her from fussing. I didn't have one all day.
But she's gone now so I'm plugging very large bowled Eric Nording Signature with a Hefty amount of Zippo Blended Hobbit Weed, then chuff away like there's no tomorrow. Have a great day my friends 😊

Passing the first third of this bowl of year 2013 Capstan Blue Ready Rubbed in a straight black sandblasted 1924 Parker’s Super Briar Bark 11 billiard with a tapered black vulcanite stem. This pipe was made in the second year of Parker production. Community Coffee, neat, is my drink. Watching the Reds-Padres game until the Braves-Marlins game starts. The Reds are a spunky team. Can't say the same for the bloated Padres.
1924_Parker_Billiard_11.jpg

Nearing the last quarter of this bowl of year 2019 C&D Yorktown in a smooth medium bend 2021 Peterson POTY Terracotta 4AB No.108/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem. Watching the Braves-Marlins game, and the first six Braves batters had hits as they scored five runs before an out was made. They just scored a sixth run as I was typing this.
4AB-TC_left2.jpg

Passing the quarter mark on this bowl of year 2013 Stonehaven in a straight black sandblasted 1957 Barling Exel 249 Fossil T.V.F. black billiard with a silver banded military mount and a black ebonite tapered stem. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
Barling_249.jpg

Taking a page from @Balisong, I've loaded a Peterson Limerick with Bob's Flake for a trip to the grocery store. But before I do that, I have to show you all one more pipe. Now, this is dramatic. Like Dylan going electric or something. I've had this pipe since 2009, and this is the way it beeswaxed.
Before
View attachment 10832
After
View attachment 10835
The wax looks like this
View attachment 10836
So it must be coloring from smoking the pipe so long and not waxing it. Can you imagine what that will do to MB Virginia no 1?
That is pretty! Nice work!

Wilke Peanut Butter in a vintage block meerschaum.
20230614_113820.jpg

BB Gettysburg in an Altinay pot meerschaum.
20230616_183224.jpg

MB Black Ambrosia in an Amorelli Two-nail apple.
20230618_120205.jpg

Wilke Back Bay and Vice Cat in a Becker acorn.
20230616_185247.jpg

I was heating and brushing and buffing until I left for my gig, I have hopes that the waxing on my CAO will look a little better tonight.

Relaxing after a wonderful chicken legs and baked potato dinner with sliced apples, peaches, and cantaloupe for dessert. Then, I smoked a bowl of year 2014 Dunhill Flake in a straight smooth dark brown 1916 Barling The Hunt with beautiful silver work and a black vulcanite saddle stem with an orific bit.
Barling_Hunter_1.jpg

Now smoking KBV Mr. Christian’s Kraken Plug in a post-1938 pre-Republic Peterson Dublin straight smooth X155 bulldog with a sterling silver band and a tapered black vulcanite p-lip stem. Nigel Bruce smoked this model in two Sherlock Holmes movies. If you’re interested in getting one, please contact Smoking Pipes and ask them to put this model back into production. Community Coffee, neat, is my drink.
Peterson_PR_Bulldog_XL155.jpg

Nearing the half way mark on this bowl of Seattle Pipe Club Give Me Liberty in a straight smooth medium brown pre-1920 straight Marechal Ruchon & Cie. Royale apple with a sterling silver band and a tapered black vulcanite stem.
Marechal Ruchon & Cie. Royale apple.jpg

Half way through this bowl of year 2016 Peter Stokkebye Luxury Navy Flake in a straight smooth brown post-1964 Parker Super Bruyere 88/F group 3 bulldog with a tapered black vulcanite stem. Ice water and bergs is my drink. Just fed the ferals, and am ready to watch an episode of Zane Grey Theater.
1964on_Parker_SB_88_group 3 bulldog.jpg

MB Virginia no 1 in a CAO bent bulldog. Still got residue after adding mineral oil, and heating and buffing it a lot. Sorry @Swede. I'm sitting here thinking what I can throw at it. Alcohol doesn't do anything and steel wool won't take it off. Right now I'm smoking it and rubbing the block of beeswax on one side of it to see if it makes a difference. So far so good.