What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm smoking D&R Three Sails in an Ascorti billiard. Just had salmon and turnip greens for dinner. Hope you all have a good evening!
Nording-and-Ascorti-billiards-005.jpg

Relaxing after a wonderful salad, steel head trout and sugar snap peas dinner with a bowl of strawberry and vanilla bean ice cream for dessert. Lunch was a tall stack of pancakes with peach slices on the side. M'lady sez Pioneer Baking Mix is better for making light, fluffy pancakes than Pioneer Pancake Mix is. I agree. Anyway, I'm close to finishing this bowl of year 2014 Dunhill Flake in a straight smooth dark brown 1916 Barling The Hunt with beautiful silver work and a black vulcanite saddle stem with an orific bit. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
Barling_Hunter_1.jpg

Close to finishing this bowl of Sutliff Presbyterian in a straight dark brown and tan rusticated Peterson 2023 Saint Patrick’s Day 264 Canadian with an Irish flag colored ferrule and tapered black acrylic stem.
Peterson_St. Patrick's_Canadian264.jpg

Finished cleaning a few pipes, and am off to the studio to start a new Betty and Veronica story. Have to stop working on the one I was doing since this story is due first. My smoke is Wilke No. 24 in a smooth straight brown 1949 KBB Yello-Bole Century Model Lovat with a nickel band accent on the black vulcanite saddle stem.
KBB Yello-Bole Century Model Lovat.jpg

Last night I came home to a box from Pipesandcigars.com. I ordered four tobaccos: Lane 1Q, John Bull, Sutliff Black Cherry Cavendish, and CH Match. Today I ended up going through the tornado-like disaster that is my shed/workshop, and so I fired up the 1Q, and I was very pleased. I only ordered one ounce, and I think I smoked half of it already!

Anyway, we had severe storms Wednesday evening, and a giant black walnut tree in my chicken yard decided to tip over and completely crush the shed and block the road next to my house. Insurance claim is filed, so I guess I won the "new shed lottery", though I had no intention of playing. Over 30+ years' worth of screws, nuts, nails, hoo-haas, and electrical stuff scattered like popcorn all over the place. All my power hand tools were on the wall that took the direct trunk hit, but amazingly they all survived. The tree is gone already - trimmers were here like two hours after I called (I think they smelled insurance money). No one hurt, so that's an enormous blessing. My wife and youngest son had just driven down that road 15 or 20 minutes before the tree fell.