What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Smoking a Bari Wiking extra long bent Rhodesian with MB 7seas regular blend and a Mc Cafe k-cup. It`s a bit too hot for me out there! I just came back in from helping an elderly neighbor mow her lawn. She has brand new electric mower,which I am pretty impressed with! It`s ver!y light weight, quiet and ran a long time without any problems. .Hmnnn,maybe I should look into these.

Starting off my smoking day with a bowl of early 2000s Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 2014 Basil Meadows smooth slight bend squashed tomato with an aluminum band and a black pearl acrylic stem in the military mount style. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
Basil_squashed_ tomato copy.jpg

Enjoyed a tasty lunch,and am passing the quarter mark on this bowl of Erik Stokkebye Twilight (4th Generation) in a 1980s White Pipe straight lattice apple meerschaum with an acrylic yellow cream colored saddle stem. Working at finalizing a review of this blend. Watching the Braves-Brewers game.
WhitePipe_Apple80s.jpg

Red with Dark Fired, Burley red tips, Virginia Red, and Tennessee, in a Mastro Geppetto Rusticato. I never used to pass up an online sale, but now I find I can make my own blends for the ones I would have been buying. This one would have been a tin of HH Burley Flake. I'm trying to buy up some affordable extra large bowls on eBay because the homeblended stuff burns pretty quickly.
20230616_185806.jpg

A quarter of the way through this bowl of year 2020 Watch City Rouxgaroux in a smooth medium bend 2021 Peterson POTY Natural 4AB No. 6/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem. Larry's Espresso #9, neat, is my drink. Time for my weekly pipe zoom.
4AB_Nat_left.jpg

Nearing the last quarter of this bowl of year 2014 Strang in a 2003 smooth light brown medium bend straight grain Ardor Venere Extra signed by Dorelio Rovera Dublin with a black acrylic saddle stem. Ice water and bergs is my drink. Cleaned some pipes during my zoom meeting.
Ardor Venere Extra Strang Dublin.jpg

Ptarmigan Summer in an AKB Sultan meerschaum. I did something I've been wanting to do for a long time, but didn't have the guts. Open up the mortise of a Savinelli so it will take a pipe cleaner. I did it, one second with the cutter in a Dremel tool, and a crimped pipe cleaner passes. Before nothing would pass without taking it apart. That was my harrowing deed for the day, and picking up thirty bucks worth of aluminum cans from the wedding 🙂
20230616_190249.jpg

Smoking some Edward G. Robinson's blend in my great grandfathers Dickens straight billard.

I have seen this pipe in pictures of him, but he died in 1963 so I never met him. This pipe is at least from the 1930's because my grandfather was in the pictures prior to WWII. I am assuming it was a drugstore pipe as they lived out in the country in Sophia, NC.

20230723_191030.jpg

Last edited:
Not far from finishing this bowl of Seattle Pipe Club Down Yonder in a straight black 1963 Dunhill LBS Shell 4S billiard with a tapered black vulcanite stem. This straight Va. blend goes on sale sometime in August.
Dunhill_1963_LBS_billiard.jpg