What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now smoking Wilke No. 72 in a pre-1974 dark brown straight Larus & Brother Co. Signature billiard with a nickel band and a tapered black vulcanite stem with the initials LCR on the top of the stem. This blend was smoked by Walter Cronkite.
Larus and Brother pot.jpg

Close to finishing this bowl of Wilke No. 524 in an undated, unbranded, slight bend smooth darker brown made in France Los Alton VBF zulu with a tapered black vulcanite stem. Sleepy Suzy and Molly Danger came to the studio singing a chorus of "Get up and feed us, you bum" I didn't even know they knew the words. :)
France_zulu.jpg

Finished work, and this bowl of first release Watch City Rhythm & Blues in a straight smooth brown 1920s-30s Sasieni patent 8 dot Marborough lovat with a black vulcanite saddle stem. Fed Daisy the Feral Princess and Tomato the Brave a little extra since they hadn't eaten in a few hours.
Sasieni_8Dot_Lovat.jpg

Smoking a Pete Watson with cult red moon and the last of my mornings coffee, I know many of you do not smoke aro`s. But this stuff is not that bad ,Maybe I am getting used to it? maybe it aged well in the tin?
I won a nice old Medico ventilator this morning on e-bay, the seller said it was like new and looked really clean. I never had a Medico pipe,but they get decent reviews. Again, time will tell!

Good Day!
I slept in this morning and a neighbor came over for morning coffee. I loaded up a Rob Roy with GLP Kensington and we went out for a smoke. Following his departure we headed out for groceries, I took the rest of my pipe and a pouch to fill up during the journey. We beat the thunder storm home and got most of the chores done before the rain, I'm finishing up the second bowl.

About a third of a bowl left of early 2000s Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 2014 Basil Meadows smooth slight bend squashed tomato with an aluminum band and a black pearl acrylic stem in the military mount style.
Basil_squashed_ tomato copy.jpg

Passing the half way point on this bowl of KBV Prince of Wales in a straight smooth terracotta 2014 Sherlock Holmes Baker Street bulldog with sterling silver band and a tapered black p-lip stem. Getting a couple of things done before the Braves-Cubs game start.
Peterson Sherlock Holmes BakerStreet_Terracotta.jpg

I just bought an un-smoked 1978 Brigham five dot pipe (their finest quality), with the original sticker price of $39.95 still inside the clay lined bowl. Included was the original box, cover and the 1978 pamphlet that came with the pipe. After lying dormant for 45 years, I thought that a fitting inaugural smoke would be a bowl of Erinmore flake and two generous fingers, of good Bourbon _ it was wonderful!
s-l1600.jpg