What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A third of a bowl left of year 2012 St. James Flake in a straight 1968 Dunhill Tanshell octagonal paneled EK F/T billiard with a square shank and tapered black vulcanite stem.
Dunhill_1968Tanshell_Billiard.jpg

Thank you, unfortunately it does, and it tends to smoke a little wet for it. I will say, I enjoy smoking it more than most with stingers, though I would generally prefer my pipes not have them.

I'm unfamiliar with them, but looking online it looks like they still have a few around. Mostly in the LA area or SF areas. Two of the places I try my hardest to avoid!
If I find myself near one, I'll give it a shot and report back with a comparison!

We probably weren't too far apart when you were still in California, I'm north of Santa Barbara. It's usually work that brings me to Ventura, but I used to occasionally get my fix at Mac's on State St. before they closed down. We also visit Morro Bay and Los Osos occasionally, and they have good fresh fish, and lighter, healthier batters. I've yet to find fish and chips there that have that same delicious, greasy fried breading that my European ancestry craves 😆 or brown sauce, for that matter.
Yep, 30 miles isn't a lot. Wife used to live in SB. Has a cousin still in Atascadero. We did go to Morrow Bay several times. Nice place to visit. Andreas had good fish and chips but my fav seafood dish was clam chowder at a little hole in the wall cafe in Ventura right off the beach.

Pre dinner smoke of Arango Balkan Supreme in a Randy Wiley freehand bent dublin. Crown Royal on the side. Having steak for dinner if I get my butt inside to make it, lol. Had a great ride today. Couldn't get over to the Deep Well as the tunnel was still flooded. So rode state land for a couple hours. Pic of my buddy and me when we got back to the trailer. Yes we look somewhat alike. We have fun at the cafe after the ride cause we call each other boyfriend. Really messes with the waitresses, lol. Throwing in a pic of me sharing breakfast with the doggies.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230924_171249_Messages.jpg
    Screenshot_20230924_171249_Messages.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot_20230924_171329_Messages.jpg
    Screenshot_20230924_171329_Messages.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
Relaxing after a wonderful salad, wild caught blue cat fish and sugar snap peas dinner with strawberries for dessert. I'm close to finishing this bowl of Watch City American Cut Plug Mixture in a smooth medium bend terracotta Peterson POY 2023 X160 464/1100 military mount egg with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem. Watching game two of the Braves-Nats doubleheader.
Peterson_POY2023_X160.jpg

A third of a bowl left of year 2000 VaPer Three Nuns in a 1938 straight black grain relief Dunhill OX Shell bulldog with a silver band repair with a black vulcanite saddle stem. Community Coffee, neat, is my drink.
Dunhill_1938_left.jpg

Finished work for the day, and will complete touching up pages tomorrow. Fed the regular ferals and played traffic cop to make sure everybody ate in peace. I've a quarter of a bowl left of year 2014 Edgeworth Ready Rubbed Match in a late '80s, early 90s small bend medium brown smooth, unbranded Nording pot with a couple small rusticated spots, an amber colored acrylic ferrule and tapered stem in the military mount style.
Nording_pot_unbranded.jpg

Good morning everyone. My critter ( Charlie) is fed. Picked up the huge pack rat I caught overnight. Time to settle down with Zippos fav Hobbits Weed in a Don Carlos bent brandy with cowboy coffee made with Columbian Arabica beans. Beautiful day here but going to be hot this afternoon, high 80s. Wish we could go riding again but it's our day to muck and feed at HwH.

Close to finishing this bowl of early 2000s Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 2014 Basil Meadows smooth slight bend squashed tomato with an aluminum band and a black pearl acrylic stem in the military mount style.
Basil_squashed_ tomato copy.jpg

Enjoyed a tasty lunch, and am passing the quarter mark on this bowl of year 2000 VaPer Three Nuns in a 1938 straight black grain relief Dunhill OX Shell bulldog with a silver band repair with a black vulcanite saddle stem. Going to video chat with a fellow pipe smoker from Denmark. Lavazza Classico, neat, is my drink.
Dunhill_1938_right.jpg