What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Back from the British Legion and ready for dinner, I'm starving. But just time for a smoke of my fave Hobbit Weed in a MMCC Mark Twain. I hope everyone is having a really good day 😁.View attachment 13808View attachment 13809
I think the poker machine behind you sums up how you should be when your on the piss and on the loose tiger :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:securitys A.I. subliminal message :ROFLMAO:

Winding down with green tea and Erinmore Mixture in my Brigham Voyageur.

Brigham Voyageur 129.JPG

My two buddies and I try to grab lunch once a month but with prices lately we have decided to just cook it ourselves instead of going out lol, so we made some fantastic French dips today and shot the breeze. Smoking late night smoke of GH American Delite in my Dr. Grabow Riviera Dublin.

I've been using the lawn mower shed to get out of the cold while I smoke, the yellow light is from an oil lantern I use which warms it up nicely in here! The only problem is the cat insists on hanging out in here with me because it's so warm...
1700725095969.jpeg

My two buddies and I try to grab lunch once a month but with prices lately we have decided to just cook it ourselves instead of going out lol, so we made some fantastic French dips today and shot the breeze. Smoking late night smoke of GH American Delite in my Dr. Grabow Riviera Dublin.

I've been using the lawn mower shed to get out of the cold while I smoke, the yellow light is from an oil lantern I use which warms it up nicely in here! The only problem is the cat insists on hanging out in here with me because it's so warm...
View attachment 13820
I really like the light from oil and kerosene lanterns. There's lots of old Dietz and other lanterns out there just needing a good clean up, etc.

Good Afternoon my friends and fellow BoBs 😊.
First and foremost, let me wish my American friends a happy Thanks Giving.
I hope each and everyone of you has a fantastic day. As for me I'm going to fill a bowl of Rangers Urban Cowboy in a Butz Choquin Rodeo and hope somebody saves me a turkey sandwich lol.
Enjoy your special day my friends 😊
61zZWLM8GML._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg

Smoking a Large Kaywoodie Berkshire( bent brandy) with CS Bill`s blend,mug of DD coffee.Happy thanksgiving to all.
I received an e-mail from the pipe vendor,informing me that the Pete 106 is out of stock,and they would upgrade me to a 606 for the same price. I agreed to it,is their any differences between those 2 pipes?
From the little research that I did,it seems that the 606 is a larger pipe which is fine with me.

I really like the light from oil and kerosene lanterns. There's lots of old Dietz and other lanterns out there just needing a good clean up, etc.
This is the first metal one I have used and it's a Dietz, it's a good design... Other than the crack in the globe! The color they put off is truly unique and it doesn't flicker like a candle or fire does.

Growing up, we had a collection of glass oil lamps, every night we lit 2 on the table for dinner and would have 10+ going for nights like Thanksgiving and Christmas.... And now you can't even buy a damn incandescent light bulb lol.

This is the first metal one I have used and it's a Dietz, it's a good design... Other than the crack in the globe! The color they put off is truly unique and it doesn't flicker like a candle or fire does.

Growing up, we had a collection of glass oil lamps, every night we lit 2 on the table for dinner and would have 10+ going for nights like Thanksgiving and Christmas.... And now you can't even buy a damn incandescent light bulb lol.

That sounds like a cool way to grow up. I love it when old ways just keep proving useful and enjoyable. That's right about the incandescents, and it annoys me that the decision on what I can buy didn't allow any input. I like to fire up one of the Dietzs-a Little Wizard and sit out on the porch smoking my pipe.
20220910_200202.jpg

Good morning and a Happy Thanksgiving to all. Starting with Figgy Pudding in the Pete Pub with some dark roast Columbian coffee we picked up yesterday. Hey Zippo my friend, don't the British celebrate Thanksgiving? After all the Pilgrims who started it at Plymouth Rock were mostly British, lol. When I was in Saudi in Nov of 1990 for Desert Storm we had a Thanksgiving dinner for the US personnel already there. There was also a squadron of British Tornados and French Jaguars based at Riyadh and we invited them to join us. They all seemed to appreciate the turkey dinner which was flown in by a USAF C5. The French offered to supply wine but the stupid US command declined the offer, not wanting to offend the Saudis, lol.

That sounds like a cool way to grow up. I love it when old ways just keep proving useful and enjoyable. That's right about the incandescents, and it annoys me that the decision on what I can buy didn't allow any input. I like to fire up one of the Dietzs-a Little Wizard and sit out on the porch smoking my pipe.
View attachment 13825
When I was a kid growing up in the 50s we had a couple of relatives who lived out in the country and did not have electricity. They used glass bowl kerosene lamps like you see in the old Westerns. We had a couple at our house that we used when we lost power.

When I was a kid growing up in the 50s we had a couple of relatives who lived out in the country and did not have electricity. They used glass bowl kerosene lamps like you see in the old Westerns. We had a couple at our house that we used when we lost power.
Every old western I have watched has a that one scene where they go to turn up the only lamp in a dark room room, and it magically lights up every corner of the room, because they're really just turning up the stage lights lol. Kind of like how guns in the movies never need to be reloaded!🤣

A bowl of GH dark flake aromatic before we head out to the ranch for the festivities. I've only smoked about 1.5 oz. but it definitely has the strongest and intense flavor of all the GH blends I've tried, so it's a top contender to stock up on...

But it was a poor choice for the first bowl of the day lol, I'm pretty nic tolerant and I'm not sure I'll be able to finish it! Smoking it out of a black sandblasted bent acorn with a nickle military mount, the only markings on it are "141" and "MADE IN LONDON" over "ENGLAND" on the bottom. I've looked it up 100 times and haven't been able to figure out who made it unfortunately.
Happy thanksgiving everyone!
20231123_093254.jpg20231123_093441.jpg

Hey Zippo my friend, don't the British celebrate Thanksgiving? After all the Pilgrims who started it at Plymouth
They do celebrate Thanksgiving in Plymouth, Devon UK.
As you know, this is where the Pilgrims left England for the New World.
The English do have some sort of ceremonies around this time that are along the same lines as your Thanksgiving, but they are not public holidays, and not celebrated nearly as much.
For us November is mainly a month for remembrance, we remember those that have given the ultimate sacrifice. We also have the Harvest festival around this time.
Although Thanksgiving is not an official holiday in the United Kingdom, it is gaining in popularity, particularly among American expats and tourists, with many American themed restaurants serving your Thanksgiving dinner.
For those of you, whose ancestors came over in the Mayflower. Below is a picture of the exact spot they sailed from.
the-mayflower-steps-at-the-barbican-plymouth-devon-justin-foulkes.jpg

Last edited:

I've been using the lawn mower shed to get out of the cold while I smoke, the yellow light is from an oil lantern I use which warms it up nicely in here! The only problem is the cat insists on hanging out in here with me because it's so

I owned a kero heater years ago and cant believe I tossed it in the dump. I loved the smell it gave off really.