What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A third of the way through this bowl of pre-2014 Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 2014 Basil Meadows smooth slight bend squashed tomato with an aluminum band and a black pearl acrylic stem in the military mount style. Ice water and bergs is my drink. Watching Mad Dog Russo. Going to check on the ferals soon as the rain is expected before long.
Basil_squashed_ tomato copy.jpg

Did a set of walking reps, and smoked a bowl of year 2016 D&R Three Sails in an undated straight brush etched black Molina apple with a nickel band and a tapered black vulcanite stem. Just finished a tall stack of cinnamon raisin French toast with a golden delicious apple on the side. Coffee from a freshly opened bag of Gold Star Costa Rico Black Honey Geisha, neat, is my drink.
Molina_Apple.jpg

Zippo,

A couple of questions for you, sir. In looking at the pic of the Full English Breakfast, there are some items that I do not recognize: the black circular items and the triangular objects stand out. For life of me I cannot understand how anyone could eat tomatoes or baked beans for breakfast. I guess you would feel the same way about grits or oatmeal from the states. Fill me in, if you would.

Carl

Now smoking Sutliff The Old Boss 175th Anniversary Blend in a medium bend 2001 Ural lattice Rhodesian with a yellow with white swirls acrylic saddle stem. It's a heavy on the Latakia crumble cake with some red Virginias, Turkish, and touches of perique and burley. It goes on sale April 23 at 6 p.m. EST. Working on a review.
URAL_2001_Rhodesian.jpg

I had (he passed away 4 yrs ago) a pure breed Pembroke Welsh Corgi that I found in a non-kill shelter in 2017. Norman was 10 yrs old (we guessed) and had been abandoned. I adopted him and discovered his bad temper, thinking I might have to put him down. I got him to my vet and we discovered he had 8 broken teeth - some a-hole had chained him up and by the pattern of broken teeth he evidently tried to chew himself free. Well, 2 surgeries and some healing time later I had a happy, out-of-pain, Corgi. I found Norman shortly before my wife of 46 yrs passed away from cancer. I have often reflected that I saved Norman and gave him 5 good years, and he saved me after my wife died. People that abuse animal are on my #hit list, too. Not a day goes by that I don't think about Norman.View attachment 17728
This is the best thing I have read today. The world needs more of this.

Zippo,

A couple of questions for you, sir. In looking at the pic of the Full English Breakfast, there are some items that I do not recognize: the black circular items and the triangular objects stand out. For life of me I cannot understand how anyone could eat tomatoes or baked beans for breakfast. I guess you would feel the same way about grits or oatmeal from the states. Fill me in, if you would.

Carl
Hi Carl.
1st off, you are not the first American I've known of, who finds grilled tomatoes and especially Baked beans totally foreign for breakfast 😋.
But for us it is a staple part of the whole plate. I have had grits for breakfast when I was in the states, and after a forkfull, I left the rest on the plate 🤮. But oatmeal, which we call Porridge is fine, and pretty common, especially in Scotland.
The black circular things, as you call them, is Black Pudding, otherwise known a Blood pudding.
(Hold on to your stomach)
It's made of boiled pigs blood, oatmeal, and cereal. Totally scrumptious 😋.
The triangles are called Hash Browns.
Made from grated potato, grated onion, and combined with flower, then shallow fried. I hope that helps mate

Hi Carl.
1st off, you are not the first American I've known of, who finds grilled tomatoes and especially Baked beans totally foreign for breakfast 😋.
But for us it is a staple part of the whole plate. I have had grits for breakfast when I was in the states, and after a forkfull, I left the rest on the plate 🤮. But oatmeal, which we call Porridge is fine, and pretty common, especially in Scotland.
The black circular things, as you call them, is Black Pudding, otherwise known a Blood pudding.
(Hold on to your stomach)
It's made of boiled pigs blood, oatmeal, and cereal. Totally scrumptious 😋.
The triangles are called Hash Browns.
Made from grated potato, grated onion, and combined with flower, then shallow fried. I hope that helps mate

Zippo, switch out the Blood Pudding for grits and I'm all for it. LOL.

Back from a volunteer appreciation lunch at the VA. Carole and I were given awards for having over 5 years of service. One of my Legion friends was given a meritorious award for 23 years and over 13,000 hours of volunteering. A record. He is 82 years old and still serves with the Legion Honor Guard. Having C&D Billy Budd in a 70s vintage Sasieni bent pot with orange spice tea.

Almost finished smoking Watch City American Cut Plug Mixture in a smooth medium bend terracotta Peterson POY 2023 X160 464/1100 military mount egg with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
Peterson_POY2023_X160.jpg

Passing the quarter mark of this bowl of Wilke Lizzie Blood Virginia in a straight black with burgundy undertone sandblasted early 1960s Lane era Charatan 420 billiard with a tapered black vulcanite stem. We have Sam and the scampers out in their playpen. I wonder how much longer it will be before they can get out of it?
Charatan_billiard_420.jpg

Good morning my fellow BoBs. Starting with Zippos fav Hobbits Weed in a Butz Choquin magnum bent brandy and CR coffee. Bright and sunny here. Trying to keep tabs on 4 doggies. Hard to keep track of who pooped, who peed, who ate, lol. Zippo, hope you're enjoying the Round Up.
The solution to your doggie scheduling...Bingo Markers, Red for food, yellow is self-evident and blue for poop. Sorted! 🤪

Back from a volunteer appreciation lunch at the VA. Carole and I were given awards for having over 5 years of service. One of my Legion friends was given a meritorious award for 23 years and over 13,000 hours of volunteering. A record. He is 82 years old and still serves with the Legion Honor Guard. Having C&D Billy Budd in a 70s vintage Sasieni bent pot with orange spice tea.
My father was a member of the Royal Canadian Legion for 30 years and very dedicated to the efforts of the organization. Your posts on your Legion activities bring many fond memories to mind for me.

I was struck with a strange idea a moment ago so I'm blending equal parts of Byzantium and Oriental Silk for a large bowl in my Savinelli 616. Might very well be too much of everything good, kind of like an English breakfast (I've had more than a few and they're great if you're working long hours outdoors). Coffee on the side of course, I expect to be home for dinner.

I will definitely repeat that experiment, it was a very mellow smoke but not heavy. Oriental Silk is a little coarse so I rubbed it well to blend it, my hands smell wonderful.

Attachments

• Savinelli 616 Sistina.jpg
    Savinelli 616 Sistina.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
Last edited: