What are you smoking?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
MacBaren's The Solent Mixture in a Comoy Canadian.

Scott

Life has been so hectic lately I haven't really had much time to enjoy a pipe. It's hot outside, but I'm ignoring it and sitting on the patio with a bowl of Peretti's Thanksgiving Day blend in a Stanwell sandblated Nanna Ivarsson N3. One of my favorite fall/winter smokes in one of my all time favorite pipes. I know it's the end of July, but I'm sick of summer already and am ready for autumn. I'm going to sit here and stare at the oaks and will them to drop acorns and leaves :suspect:

Sitting outside my tent smoking FMOTT in a Nording giant trying to calm myself down from being on the wrong side of beyond mad.

Some Peterson Nutty Cut in my Boswell Freehand Plateau. She's my aro-only pipe, so she doesn't come around all that often....

Smokin some Dunhill Flake with my dad who is smoking some Legends. We're unsure of who the brand is, but I'm pretty sure it's McClelland.

...this evening, a bowl of 32 year old MM 965 in a 1966 group 4 Dunhill shell billiard... :cheers:

url=https://servimg.com/view/17600532/58]
1966_d17.jpg
[/url]

"THE PIPE MARKS THE POINT AT WHICH THE ORANGUTAN ENDS AND MAN BEGINS."
-BEN JONSON

PeterD":x3k927hi said:
...this evening, a bowl of 32 year old MM 965 in a 1966 group 4 Dunhill shell billiard... :cheers:
And how is that. I imagine it's outstanding!

Dave_In_Philly":7o2yvaso said:
Newminster Superior Navy Flake in a Peterson b11.
How you liking that thar Newminster??

I'm having some Virginia Memory #10 in a GBD billiard

s.ireland":ghhtcu66 said:
Dave_In_Philly":ghhtcu66 said:

I had the same question! Also how are you liking the VM#10?

zjgilbert":wqafjo6f said:
Smokin some Dunhill Flake with my dad who is smoking some Legends. We're unsure of who the brand is, but I'm pretty sure it's McClelland.
Hammer. Nail. Head.

gravel":1h93i0cc said:
s.ireland":1h93i0cc said:
Dave_In_Philly":1h93i0cc said:

I had the same question! Also how are you liking the VM#10?
VM#10 is fantastic, IMHO. It does need some age but the fresh tin I have open is quite enjoyable. I think age will help meld the flavors. Particularly the cigar leaf which stands out quite a bit. Not a bad thing, mind you. I'm just certain that it will age well.

PM me if you'd like to try some

Having an exceptional bowl of some 12-year-old Escudo in a Ser Jacopo Picta

zjgilbert":f6jmlwmk said:
PeterD":f6jmlwmk said:
And how is that. I imagine it's outstanding!

I find the Newminster quite good, at least the round sliced and Navy Flake... As far as the MM 965, it is outstanding! This came from a 5 lb. bag I bought in 1979 from Murray & Sons...

...this morning, a bowl of SG 1792 Flake in a Clarence Mickles sandblast straight billiard... :cheers:

“Pipe smoking is not a habit…but a way of life”…
Peter A. Dall, sr

Petersons Special 2012 Reserve in a Pete 03 - it's cool and sweet and accompanied by coffee and episode 1 of The Killing (Danish version)....looks good (highly recommended by a friend).

Broderligt

Jers

...this evening, a bowl of Condor Long Cut in a Larsen Canadian blast... :D

“The value of tobacco is best understood when it is the last you possess and there is no chance of getting more.”-Bismarck.

Status
Not open for further replies.