What are you smoking?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Esoterica Brighton in a canted apple nosewarmer

...early AM...PA...followed by...CH....now, SG Grouse-Moor Mixture in a Savinelli Saturnia... :cheers:

...up next...Dunhill MM 965 (1972).... :cheers:

“The world is a dangerous place to live - not because of the people who are evil but because of the people who don't do anything about it.”
Albert Einstein, 1950

Anniversary Kake in a James Barber bent bulldog.
Strong black coffee on the side.

Jers":bdxe6tkc said:
First time smoking MacBaren's Plumcake and I'm trying it in a MM cob.

Interesting smoke - sweet and spicy.

Fraternally

Jers
I like to smoke Plumcake outdoors in the autumn. It just "works" if that makes any sense. It's great for a "Sweet, but not too sweet, Hey! I can still taste tobacco leaf!" kinda aro.

For my morning commute it was Telegraph Hill in a Calabresi bent billiard.

Dunbar in a 2002 smooth natural straight silver banded Ardor Venere Extra Fatta A Mano Maigret, signed by Dorelio Rovera.

It's gonna be sweet Va day today. Second bowl of McC's FM 2000 in one of my three Charatan Special pots I bought back in the early 70's. These big wide bowled pipes are Flake pipes par excellance :twisted:

Edward G. Robinson in a 1982 black sandblasted paneled slight bend Savinelli flat bottom sitter.

For the drive home in a little while, Luxury Bullseye Flake in a large, straight, pot basket briar

Snuck in a short bowl of Moe's Confetti in a straight 2012 MM Pony Express cob. while I was out. Now, it's Dark Birdseye in an old Barling straight Exel 249 Fossil T.V.F. billiard with a silver band and military bit.

Today was the one pipe 5 different tobaccos of which I used the 2/3 of the choice of tobacco I was going to smoke and 1/3 Kajun Kake (except for the walkabout when the Tsuge smoked AJ's Vapers). I basically chose one pipe to smoke w/o doing anything to it save pop a pipe cleaner in it after smoking it, got very little rest time today. I used a MM Diplomat, first tobacco being Plum Cake, followed by AJ's Vapers, Troost Special Cavendish, a Lakeland Home Brew and knowing how much Lakeland can ghost I followed it up with AJ's again since it has a mild taste and no ghost. The cob didn't even get hot only warm, not once did it not smoke to ash or leave moisture, to say I was astonished would be putting it mildly. It now deserves a proper rest but I thought everyone might find this of interest.

Virginia Spice in a straight Lane era Charatan black with burgundy undertone sandblasted billiard 420.

Staying with the "sweet tooth" theme for the day, having a bowl of McC's Blackwoods Flake in one of my Charatan Special Bankers like this one:

Enjoying Uhle's "Bishop's Move," in a new Peterson system "Irish Made" Army bent pipe, 69, I picked up at Tobacco Exchange, New Orleans, with a glass of Lustau Cream Sherry.

Firing up a bowl of Black Ambrosia in a Georg Jensen pipe

Full Virginia Flake in a slight bend 1968 group 4S Dunhill Shell 475 cherrywood.

Vintage 1978 MacBaren Symphony in a smooth three quarter bend 1979 made in Israel pipe.

...final pipe of the day...another bowl of R. McConnell Special London in my newly acquired Ardor Christmas 2000 edition... :cheers:

"...A Pipe smoker, by in large, is a gentleman and scholar...and there are damned few of us left..." PeterD

Smoking one for Richie Havens, RIP. Amphora Red in a 1998 smooth straight Butz-Choquin Bistro 1501 pot.

Status
Not open for further replies.