What are you smoking?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
4-Noggins Killington layered with 4-Noggins Lord Methley in a Comoy straight grain pot.

...after lunch bowl of Dorchester in a Savinelli Roma Canadian...:cheers: 

url=https://servimg.com/view/18428752/96]
savine17.jpg
[/url]

...up next...Condor Long Cut...:cheers:

Walkabout went well as Fall was in the air and the Levi of yore was in attendance and in what I call High Alert Mode, i.e. the hunter's urge was coming on. Smoked 965 Mixture in the Paul Becker (Germany) reminiscent of a round capped Dublin shape.

9074600499_409301711d_o.jpg

Then went off to help my friend with his wireless printer issues and it ended up someone (i.e. nobody would own up to it) had putzed around with the router password etc. as I was the Admin so I had to reset and redo everything. Once all corrected I gave it WEP and a TKIP passphrase since this is what the printer needed to connect, printed out a setup sheet and all the pertinent data his son would need to set up his Mac Book and his sister and mother's as well. Smoked the Lindner Bulldog with Strang Curly Strang and a PRM of Brazilian Cerrado.

8639586991_0410f06f87_c.jpg

Barbados Plantation in the second pipe I ever bought ($2.49); a 1974 three quarter bend black sandblast etched Dr. Grabow Omega.

Short smoke theater starts with A Taste of Summer in a straight 2012 MM Mizzou cob.

second bowl for today, a post-lunch smoke: Frog Morton on the Town in Claudio Cavicchi Rusticated Bent Egg

Maple Street in the third pipe I ever bought ($1.95), a 1974 smooth straight French briar Hadley Apple.

I had some Red Ribbon in the Wallenstein Nosewarmer with a concentrated cup of Brazilian Cerrado with a double Cuban espresso on top.

9345168709_89591374d7.jpg

Next was Triple Play in the Amorelli  Sea Urchin with diet Gingerale at room temp on the side.

9354274290_74f981440a_z.jpg

As a side note, I'd like to point out the cap I posted with the Lindner on it, I will be at the Rodmaker's Gathering at the Catskill Fly Fishing Museum this weekend, if anyone is in the Roscoe NY area the event is open to the public on Sunday and I'd be happy to share a pipe with anyone that can make it, I'll be wearing that cap, cheers.........

1980s Sir Walter Raleigh in a medium bend beater 1979 Aalborg natural freehand made by Nording.

Breaking in the Trypsis with McClelland's Oriental Mixture #40.

8682794611_8877fe7239_z.jpg

Just finished my 4th bowl of OGS today, this one in a late Lane era Charatan 2109DC Distinction bent bulldog. I bought this one in the eighties just before Dunhill shut Charatan down. :twisted: 

Just finished Berkshire in a 1978 slight bend CAO Turk's Head Meer. Next is Country Estate in a medium bend 2013 black Rekamepip Rock Cob poker.

McClelland No 5110 Dark English in my Pete red spigot XL23

Solani Silver Flake in a mid-late 1930s straight black grain relief Dunhill OX Shell bulldog with a silver band repair.

now for a shocker that will get me ran off the board.....middleton's apple tobacco out of a cob

Finishing up the day early with a bedtime hit of Lady 'N' some Royal Yacht in one of my father's Barlings he got in London in '46, a st. bulldog smooth finish. mmmmmmm :twisted: 

Listing my next smoke early: Rekamepip's This & That in a 1975 medium bend sandblasted looking, smooth on the sides yellow Pioneer meer.

...final pipe of the day...OGS in a L'Antra smooth Canadian...:cheers: 

url=https://servimg.com/view/18428752/97]
l_antr10.jpg
[/url]

“The value of tobacco is best understood when it is the last you possess and there is no chance of getting more.”  
-Bismarck.

Status
Not open for further replies.