What are you smoking?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
C&D Bluegrass in a Ropp Vintage Stout sandblast bulldog with cream color horn stem

Relaxing after a wonderful honey chicken and rice dinner with a bowl of 2010 McClelland Black Parrot in a 2015 Basil Meadows smooth slight bend tomato military mount with an aluminum accent, Woolly Mammoth horn ferrule, and cumberland p-lip stem. Watching the Nats-Phillies game.

...earlier...HH Acadian Perique...then, G&H Scotch Mixture...now, Amphora brown in a Savinelli Oceano smooth Author(320 KS)...coffee...

A combination of GH's Black Irish Twist & Sweet Rum Twist in a Brigham Prince and Grasmere Flake in a Falcon (meer bowl)

Not far from finishing this bowl of Stokkebye Natural Dutch Cavendish in a 1970s medium bend smooth Ben Wade Golden Walnut freehand with a black vulcanite stem.

Now smoking Esoterica Dunbar in a smooth straight late ‘50s, early 1960s Lane era Charatan Selected 43 Dublin with a black vulcanite double comfort stem. This pipe was formerly owned by actor William Conrad, too! My second Conrad pipe.

Not far from finishing this bowl of Wilke #515 in a 1998 smooth straight Butz-Choquin Bistro 1501 pot with a black vulcanite stem.

Had a chocolate fudge sickle with dark chocolate and nuts coating, and am now smoking year 2011 F&T Golden Mixture in a smooth straight pre-transition Barling 313 T.V.F. EXEXEL pot with a black ebonite stem. Starting to run low on this blend now.

Now smoking Edgeworth Ready Rubbed Match in a very much appreciated 1979 brown, slight bend grain etched flat front Stanwell Rego 969-48 (09) with a black vulcanite stem. Phone chatting about pipe tobacco.

Now enjoying MacBaren Modern Virginia Flake in a post WW2 Pre-Republic Peterson Dublin straight smooth X155 Bulldog with a sterling silver band and a black vulcanite p-lip stem. Watching Hopalong Cassidy.

A third of the way through this bowl of Jim's Va/Bur in a 2015 Basil Meadows Bing Crosby Merchant Service replica with a smooth straight thin shank, aluminum band and black ebonite stem. This will end my smoking day.

...earlier...Lane Bright Virginia...now, Amphora brown in a Radice rind Canadian...coffee...

Starting the day, late, with my usual first bowl of Royal Yacht in my st Rhodesian made by Bill Walther for me back around '82 or so. Has been one of my faves all these years . Chicory coffee 'Nawlins style on the side ! :twisted:

Starting off my smoking day with Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 1982 black sandblasted paneled slight bend Savinelli flat bottom sitter with a black vulcanite stem. A cup of Maxwell House, neat, is my drink. Suzy and Molly were happy to see me wake up as they bellowed the command for tuna. And for me to hurry the hell up and feed them! :)

Relaxing after a tasty grilled ham and cheese with chips lunch. Now smoking HU Old Fredder’s Broken Flake in a smooth straight early 1960s Lane era Charatan Executive Extra Large stretch apple with diagonal channel cuts on the lower right and left of the bowl along with a black vulcanite double comfort stem. This pipe was formerly owned by actor William Conrad. A bottle of Sprite is my drink. Watching Mad Dog Russo. Molly's bored and trying to pick a fight with Suzy, who's mostly ignoring her. Molly doesn't like to be ignored, so I expect some rasslin' soon.

Listing this early: McClelland Anniversary 1977-2010 in a medium bend smooth paneled 2017 Celebi Turkish Meerschaum with a gold and black swirl acrylic stem.

While watching before dinner the Sherlock Season 4 Episode 2 i noticed another huge mistake. Suddenly the sister of Sherlock Holmes show-up with the name "Euros" and in the last minutes of the episode she says that her name is "silly" and means "East wind" in Greek. First of all silly was the guy who wrote this in the scenario and second there is no wind in Greek language with that name and the East wind is called "Apeliotes" and later "Levantes". The word "Euros" in Greek language [we write it "Ευρος"] is "amplitude" in english, probably someone heard from a Greek sailor to say "Ουριος" [which is pronounced like "Hourios" in english] but this is the "favorable wind", any wind which pushes the sailing vessel helping it and not specific the wind which comes from the East.

2619192961a44febdf6065cc93fdadead7248522.jpg

I am smoking Golfer's Pleasure Danish Blend in the above Stanwell, coll water beside me, searching e-stores for tools for my father.

Not far from finishing this bowl of Old Colonial in a 1979 smooth natural signed Rossi 1886 OomPaul 124 with an amber acrylic stem. Ice tea and bergs is my drink.

Now smoking the last of this tin of MacBaren HH Burley Flake in a 2002 medium bend smooth Rinaldo EGEA 03 Silver line spigot 10 with a black acrylic stem. Watching The Andy Griffith Show.

Status
Not open for further replies.