What do you drive?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I drive a Lancia y. A small car, perfect for the city where I live.
But, when I spend my vacation time in USA, I always rent a Mustang convertible 8)

90-something pickup which Always fails. looking to replace it. im thinking 57 buick, 58 edsel, 66 dodge charger, 67 buick, 69 chevy station wagon

'01 F150 Supercrew that has treated me extremely well since 2002 when we bought it with about 25,000 on the clock. It now has 170,000 on the odometer and all I've had to do is an alternator and a diff. seal. Love it and it's more than paid for itself.

2008 Kawasaki KLR650 is in the garage as well, though I don't get nearly the time I'd like to ride it. The Swiss army knife of motorcycles, it does everything capably but nothing extremely well in particular....except relieve my stress and make me smile every time I ride.

This last year we bought my wife her first "new" car in 14 years, an '06 Ford Edge. Very nice riding vehicle with more room than it's exterior would seem to indicate. Let's hope it holds out for another 14 years.

Mr. Riff Raff was very good this year and she rec'd this new Silverado for Christmas. Me, I'm stuck with my '08 Altima with 220,000 miles on it. A bed cover and stainless step bars were also added, Merry Christmas to her!

And yep, that wreath lights up!

We also have a neat little '79 MGB for sunny days.

382861_2754368306307_1470675624_2917957_679793240_n.jpg

That is her old, 2004 Silverado in the background, it was a great truck for us, hopefully the new one performs as well.

Well, I don't drive too much anymore except for the my wife nuts.
But when I did it was either a 95 Pete or my 76 Eldorado and boy I was proud of'er.
Almost mint, I bought'er from a friend for $700. She had a 500 CU. IN.
under the hood that few vehicles could keep up with her. Sorry for the poor photo, its a old photo scanned.

IMG.jpg

I love those old Caddy's. I believe that you could play Canadian rules football on the hood. My sister had a mid 60's Caddy four door once and I remember that it had a clock in the dash AND the back seat. I thought that was curious until it occured to me that the vehicle was long enough to be in two different time zones. Then it made sense. :D

Josjor":8vpvn804 said:
I love those old Caddy's. I believe that you could play Canadian rules football on the hood. My sister had a mid 60's Caddy four door once and I remember that it had a clock in the dash AND the back seat. I thought that was curious until it occured to me that the vehicle was long enough to be in two different time zones. Then it made sense. :D
Yes indeed sir, The bigger the better when your talking Caddies.
I've had a few, a 65 and a 69 Sedan De Ville (4 dr's) And even a 65 Lincoln Continental (suicide dr's)
and a 69 Towne car all very nice IMHO and great when coming home from being on the road for weeks on end.
You just want to relax and have a car drive you around and that they did.

Just a side note, After being in a tractor so long I found myself still reaching for the shifter
in the cars on the way home. I wonder how many other drivers have done that.

I'm digging that Caddy as well! We had Fords sister boat, a '73 Thunderbird with a 460. Once you got her up to cruising speed, that thing would fly.
If we're digging up the old stuff, these two are greatly missed. Both had 5.7L motors with a little work. The Formula was a six-speed set up for autocross and it was occasionally drag-raced (13.0 quarter mile was my best on street tires). The SS was the wife's daily driver, no minivans for the Jones. We just sold the SS last year, to clear some garage room for the MGB, which got a lot more use this past summer than the SS did in the past five years.

Nice, you all must be rich folk that liven up front in the big house.
That 76 Eldorado was the newest car I ever had and nicest till about 10 years ago.
I now drive a 80 Toyota I bought from my brother in law for a $1 and that'll probably be the last vehicle I ever own.
Not that I want it to be mind you. I'm still have a glimmer of hope that
Santa might bring me a 40 Ford P/U for Christmas. Yeah, I know, good luck on that.

Rich in blessings only, which is just fine by me. Living out in the sticks of Western Maryland, homes are much cheaper than you might imagine.

Cartaphilus":la7lez89 said:
Nice, you all must be rich folk that liven up front in the big house.
That 76 Eldorado was the newest car I ever had and nicest till about 10 years ago.
I now drive a 80 Toyota I bought from my brother in law for a $1 and that'll probably be the last vehicle I ever own.
Not that I want it to be mind you. I'm still have a glimmer of hope that
Santa might bring me a 40 Ford P/U for Christmas. Yeah, I know, good luck on that.

I hope you realized I was being facetious riff and not intended to be berating.
Sometimes my humor isn't so funny to others. :joker:

Cartaphilus":wb4akayy said:
I hope you realized I was being facetious riff and not intended to be berating.
Sometimes my humor isn't so funny to others. :joker:
I get jokes!

I got three vehicles. A 96 chevy van conversion for my handi capped daughter. A 09 Toyota Tocoma extend cab to work out of. Last but not least is the 98 Chevy Silverado short bed that will run pretty strong. She will give these boys with the bad ass Mustangs head aches trying to out run her. Ill post pictures when I wash the vehicles. Im embarrest to show them as they are

Thats a nice Fairlane. I had a 66 and a 67 once. Make sure you put a led additive in the gas so you dont burn a valve.

plumbernater":jy2uhtea said:
Make sure you put a led additive in the gas so you dont burn a valve.
One of the first thing I did was put some new valve seats on to make up for the unleaded.

I was very lucky to find this car, it is in perfect shape, I had to replace the original radiator hoses and everything. It came with the original tires and was sitting on a set of tires that the owner had for winter conditions.

You are fortunate to have found such a jewel of a old car. Any of them in that condition is rare. I bet she has great gas milage too. What does she have in her. A 200- 6 or 289- V8 , Colume shift, or a automatic. Im sorry if I ask too many questions ,Im a old gear head. When I was young never had a good place to work on hot rods or any car. And when I did I had to throw some rocks on the concrete to lay on just to be happy, Its strange what you get use to. :roll: