WHAT is going on with THIS site ?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
monbla256":kbhz1la1 said:
See ya !!
You've said that several times already. Have fun over there. You act like we're doing something to make you want to leave. This is a forumotion software issue, not a BOB issue. We have no control over it. Even some of our mods/admins are having difficulties.

Saying "See ya at XYZ forum!!" Isn't going to motivate anyone to fix it, because the people who design it don't play here, they sell software.

Anyhow, bye. Good luck.

Seems to be a server problem somewhere... I have seen a lot of posts about this problem, but I have yet to experience ANY slowing down. Maybe it is an OS or browser problem? I'm still using Firefox on Vista. Hate to see so many frustrated brothers...

Forumotion has been migrating to new servers. They thought that they had all the problems dealt with. But..........like any new thing. There are bugs.

I created a new username for the support forums.  I posted over there info they request, and that we are having problems.  I expect no helpful response, other than they are working on it.  

Mark, I have no clue about your post window size problem.  You may have to look around and see if there is something that got changed in your profile somehow. I cannot even see how to do that. I have spent some minutes trying.

This could be related to Java. One of the support admins recommends
This problem is not linked to the migration. You should have a Javascript error. Just remove JS and re-test.
I think maybe what they meant was to delete Java and do a new install of Java.

I was unable to load the homepage for the last three days today lightning fast. MIKE

Although this on going problem can be a bit frustrating I realize the problem lies with
Forumotion so if the website doesn't load within 5 seconds, as it should I just go on and do something else. The ones that have other places to go should be thankful, I do not and that is my choice for the most part. Sooner or later they'll fix this and all will be well again.
Software is not one of the friendliest things to work with when there's a problem. I think we all need to just take a deep breath, lite a bowl up and relax. No need to get too frustrated,
it is just a website and there are other things in life that mean more, like "whens my new pipe getting here" or worrying about having an erection for more then 4 hours.

I'm with you Cart.. It's all I got . The good thing is Forumotion's guy know it's going on and are trying to correct it. The older guys have heard this 10,000 times, the newer guys not so much... BoB was never intended to turn into what it did... Never in our wildest imagination did we think we'd end up with thousands of members... It was just an emergency refuge for a few guys from another board when the other board was shut down.. If anyone had a glimmer of an idea what it would turn into I'm sure it would have been set up where we had complete control.. But it was a quick fix for 20-30 guys that just went wild.

I was just saying I'd go over there and see what's up! I KNOW the host site is having server problems it's just frustrating when your "main squeeze" isn't doin' right !! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

When I click on BOB I get a blank page. If I stop the page from loading then I go to the page I wanted.

Carlos":aci03cxh said:
This could be related to Java.  One of the support admins recommends  
This problem is not linked to the migration. You should have a Javascript error. Just remove JS and re-test.
 I think maybe what they meant was to delete Java and do a new install of Java.  
Okay, We went through and loaded all the java updates available (removed the old program and installed the new) and loaded in the microsoft program updates. Took several hours to complete, then a few more to install them. As of now I'm back in business, but holding my breath. Screen is back to normal and speedy.

I'm pretty sure the java updates cleared the problem and I suspect it was on my end..

In any event thanks for pursuing this for me Carlos.

short lived success,,,it's worse on my end now than before. Full moon?

Page loading does seem to be lagging at times on this end too, I have found on Chrome at least that if I stop the page loading by clicking the 'X' highlighted in the image below the page loads straight away, ymmv!

BoBloading.jpg

FYI.... For the past few days the site wouldn't load. Finally I disabled JavaScript and it loaded as fast as ever. There is a script dragging the site down.

I'm not arguing for or against that point... Just saying if it is its high level as ALL forumotion powered forums are being reported as messed up.

I will say that on iOS powered devices I've had zero problems.

Wow.  Was taking a full 60 seconds to load each page just a few minutes ago.  Then suddenly, without warning, everything is fine.  :scratch:

puros_bran":5m4g43hw said:
I will say that on iOS powered devices I've had zero problems.  
Interesting. I will say I have had zero problems with a PC using Chrome, or with Chrome on my iMac.

However, with my iPhone 5s, as soon as I upgraded to iOS 8, I have had intermittent issues with very long load times via Safari.

Desktops have been fine though..

Don't even know where my laptops (ms & mac ) even are.  I literally haven't seen them since I bought the iPad air back in Dec?   I assume they are in the kids room but I may be wrong.

I'm experiencing issues on ipad/safari as well as android cell phone with Chrome browser.