Dog Days Special Ops August Bombing Mission

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Allied wing reporting in, ordinance loaded and onroute :)

mk17thermonuclearbomb19.jpg

My package was airborn yesterday morning...let's see if I can make it 3-for-3 with detonating on the right day!

Hahah - alas, someone is getting bombed today rather than tomorrow. Last month, my USPS bomber took the package on a joyride. This month, the lack of a piss tube seems to have caused them to make this a rush job.

double-facepalm.jpg

A day one way or the other is no biggie. I mean...we're mostly dealing with the USPS, right?

Just to show you that darn near anything can be worked out...and that God is on out side...

Our RAF Liaison Officer, Greyson, wanted to take part but was stalled by the fact that there was no real data available to predict how long a box would take all the way from the UK. So I offered to have him send it to me as early as possible and then I would include it in mine when I sent it out...and all would be rosey and good. So he got his stuff together and mailed it off via Royal Air Mail in plenty of time...and it hit US Customs...and there it sat...and sat...and sat. We had nearly given up on his being able to get it on target on time...but I loyally held off on mailing mine Wednesday morning, just in case. This has happened to me before WAY too many times to think I wouldn't get the old whammy again! And what do you think showed up in yesterday afternoon's mail...his box!!! I love it. So everything was re-packaged and whatnot and I took it over this morning and off it went. USPS claims a Saturday delivery...so...THAT'S why I say one day doesn't make all that much difference. LOL

I must say what a pleasure it's been working with him. It added a whole new dimension to the festivities. Too, I had my little items all planned out and ready to go. But when I saw what he had packed in his box I totally changed direction and did something that was like a tandem on his. If our target sets them up correctly for a photo you should all get the mission related humor, etc.

So we've got England...Afganistan...anybody in Borneo want to join up? lol

Blackhorse":yrppqrxp said:
A day one way or the other is no biggie. I mean...we're mostly dealing with the USPS, right?

Just to show you that darn near anything can be worked out...and that God is on out side...

Our RAF Liaison Officer, Greyson, wanted to take part but was stalled by the fact that there was no real data available to predict how long a box would take all the way from the UK. So I offered to have him send it to me as early as possible and then I would include it in mine when I sent it out...and all would be rosey and good. So he got his stuff together and mailed it off via Royal Air Mail in plenty of time...and it hit US Customs...and there it sat...and sat...and sat. We had nearly given up on his being able to get it on target on time...but I loyally held off on mailing mine Wednesday morning, just in case. This has happened to me before WAY too many times to think I wouldn't get the old whammy again! And what do you think showed up in yesterday afternoon's mail...his box!!! I love it. So everything was re-packaged and whatnot and I took it over this morning and off it went. USPS claims a Saturday delivery...so...THAT'S why I say one day doesn't make all that much difference. LOL

I must say what a pleasure it's been working with him. It added a whole new dimension to the festivities. Too, I had my little items all planned out and ready to go. But when I saw what he had packed in his box I totally changed direction and did something that was like a tandem on his. If our target sets them up correctly for a photo you should all get the mission related humor, etc.

So we've got England...Afganistan...anybody in Borneo want to join up? lol
Well, Commander, if you count misterE and I'm so far down south it's like having two from Mexico! Lol

OBLIGATORY APOCALYPSE NOW CLIP IN 3...2...1...

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/GKaYOW9zMoY" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" frameborder="0" loading="lazy" allowfullscreen></iframe>

For some reason, the delivery con. number I have wasn't working, so I guess I'll be almost as surprised as the 'bombee' whenver it arrives :shock:

My DC # is showing delivery on the 24th - hopefully this month it will work out. Mine also specified the estimated delivery date last month, but it didn't actually arrive until Monday.

We'll see what happens this month.

If the USPS doesn't shape up soon, I'll have to send my New Apprentice to the USPS Main Headquarters to properly motivate them. :twisted:

DC confirming target has been hit. Target hasn't been seen since yesterday afternoon, however, so detonation is still pending.

120308_cluster_bombs_800.JPG

Damn you guys! Wife accused me of going on an internet shopping spree. I'm begining to suspect youre all a bunch of jerks. I will provide full report first thing Saturday as I won't be back until late tomorrow night.

Dave_In_Philly":efsydnpg said:
Damn you guys! Wife accused me of going on an internet shopping spree. I'm begining to suspect youre all a bunch of jerks. I will provide full report first thing Saturday as I won't be back until late tomorrow night.
Confirmed hit! Fire for effect!!!!!!

hot_straiff_002.jpg" style="width: 466;height: 300

Sorry for being out the loop. Target should hit monday. Been really busy at work and work govie hours. Was going to send last weekend but after bh said its better to be late than early I figured I'd hold out till tomorrow.

As Ed McMahon used to always say to Johnny, "You are correct, Sir!".

Thanks for not spoiling the efforts of other pilots by delaying your personal mission. There is no dishonor in mopping up survivors.

Normally I'll take wednesday or tuesday off for the run. I have almost there weeks off of paid vacation time accrued. Got a whole week off for next run , too many people scheduled off for holidays and I need to take a week or loose it. Figured it was a good time as any. :cheers:

Direct hit! Looks like somebody just entered...the Danger Zone.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/SmWeXaXvdeU" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" frameborder="0" loading="lazy" allowfullscreen></iframe>

OK, you guys. Remember the old saw about "Experience gives the test before teaching you the lesson"?

The lesson is (won't do me any good, but might help some other poor soul) "Don't leave town on mission week."

An old and current buddy from my service days called Monday morning to tell me that he had the week off and we should go ride the good motorcycle roads in North Carolina and north Georgia for a few days. And he would cover the motel costs. Heck, that's too good of an offer to pass up. So off I went, after telling the wife to put my package in the mail on Wednesday, Priority Mail, Delivery Confirmation, and how to use the BoB forum on my computer to send the DC# to Commander Blackhorse (also left her a card with User ID and Password in case the forum had logged me out by then).

Then the clencher: "Honey, I'll be getting a couple of packages this week where I've ordered stuff; just put them in the man-cave out in the shop building". Well, by Thursday, I knew something was up, as I'm being chastised by the spouse, who is in the English Department at the University. "A couple is two; more than that is 'a few' or 'several'. You're up to five and I want to know what is going on!"

You can imagine her condition when I got here this evening; "The mailbox was so full, the door wouldn't shut! What is the carrier going to think! You should have warned me!"

She's calmed down now. But never in my dreams did I expect to be targeted. I'm not a big poster. I tend to read what others have to say, and try to learn from them. Occasionally, I might feel like I have a minor opinion that has some merit. I guess I figured that I would fly my 25 missions and retire gracefully, kind of under the radar.

Here's what she stacked in the man-cave. I'll start going through it tonight, and get photos and listings up tomorrow. Maybe. If history is any indicator, there may be a second wave. Heaven forbid, as there is enough damage already.

Looks like you still have a few to go from this angle.

----------------------------------------------------------

The following depicts a disturbing progression from concern...to dismay...to the horror of social humiliation in the face of disapproving service providers.

I think it speaks volumes regarding the 'power of the bomb' to create not only shocked discord but destructive mayhem as well.

Lovely...just lovely.

"A couple is two; more than that is 'a few' or 'several'.

You're up to five and I want to know what is going on!"

"The mailbox was so full, the door wouldn't shut!

What is the carrier going to think!

You should have warned me!"