What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just finished smoking MacBaren Golden Extra in a 2002 smooth Rinaldo Silver Line 3 EGER 05 paneled horn with a black acrylic stem.

Now smoking Peterson Signature Flake in a straight smooth medium brown 2016 Brigham Klondike 16 bulldog with a black acrylic stem. This will get me to dinner time.

Relaxing after a wonderful Mediterranean meat and potatoes dinner with a bowl of Drexel VIII in a smooth straight early 1960s Lane era Charatan Executive Extra Large stretch apple with diagonal channel cuts on the lower right and left of the bowl along with a black vulcanite double comfort stem. This pipe was formerly owned by actor William Conrad. Watching the Nats-Cubs game on ESPN.

… earlier...Sutliff Country Doctor Match...then, Sutliff Barking Dog Match...now, SG Skiff Mixture in a '03 gp.6 Dunhill Ring Grain shell Dublin...

Red Carpet in a Viking Apple and 3 Nuns Green in an MM Country Gentleman

Almost half way through this bowl of Greve Hamilton’s Blandning in an early smooth Radice Tiger Eye G medium bend pipe with a bamboo-style carving on the shank and a black acrylic stem.

Now smoking Wilke Belmont in a 1975 three quarter bend black Dunhill Shell 52021 with a black vulcanite stem.

Now smoking Peter Heinrichs Golden Sliced in a 2015 smooth unfinished Savinelli 320KS author with a black vulcanite stem.

… some appts. cancelled so time for smokes this AM...Sail yellow in a Cavicchi(CCCC)smooth bent apple...and pre-loaded a bowl of C&D Pirate Kate in a Radice rind Canadian for the road...still coffee...

Up early to run errands, and will be taking these with me: Jim’s A Blend in a three quarter bend smooth 1985 Dunhill Chestnut 5202 with a cumberland stem. And, Jim’s B Blend in a smooth 1998 Parker 489 three quarter bend Billiard with a black vulcanite stem.

Home and just about finished with this bowl of Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 2014 Basil Meadows smooth slight bend squashed tomato with an aluminum band and a black pearl acrylic stem.

Part way through this bowl of Drexel VIII in a smooth straight early 1960s Lane era Charatan Executive Extra Large stretch apple with diagonal channel cuts on the lower right and left of the bowl along with a black vulcanite double comfort stem. This pipe was formerly owned by actor William Conrad. A bottle of Boylan's Birch Beer made with pure cane sugar is my drink. Watching the Braves-Marlins game.

JimInks":nr00uf5l said:
Part way through this bowl of Drexel VIII in a smooth straight early 1960s Lane era Charatan Executive Extra Large stretch apple with diagonal channel cuts on the lower right and left of the bowl along with a black vulcanite double comfort stem. This pipe was formerly owned by actor William Conrad. A bottle of Boylan's Birch Beer made with pure cane sugar is my drink. Watching the Braves-Marlins game.
Now that sounds pleasant! What is the Drexel VIII like? I've seen folks around the net say is some wonderful tobac.

Almost half way through this bowl of Amphora Virginia in a black sand blasted straight 1998 XXX Ashton lovat with a black acrylic stem. Ice tea and bergs is my drink.

GeoffC":zzloow18 said:
JimInks":zzloow18 said:
Now that sounds pleasant!   What is the Drexel VIII like?  I've seen folks around the net say is some wonderful tobac.
It's decent, but not a world beater. Here's my review:

The base of the blend is the flue cured Virginia, which offers a fair amount of citrus, grass, and a couple drops of honey. In a support role is the raisiny, figgy, plummy, spicy perique. The nic-hit is a step past mild. The taste is a shade past mild to medium while the strength level sits squarely on that threshold. Won’t bite or get harsh even when pushed, though it does have a very slight acidic note. Burns cool, clean, and slightly slow with a very consistent flavor to the finish. Leaves little dampness in the bowl, and requires a few relights. Has a pleasant, short lived after taste. It does lack a little depth, but serves well as an all day smoke.

GeoffC":jgqkc574 said:
JimInks":jgqkc574 said:
Now that sounds pleasant!   What is the Drexel VIII like?  I've seen folks around the net say is some wonderful tobac.

If you like Perique blends, you will probably like the Drexel VIII. It comes in a pouch and is in flake form. Hay and raisons for taste.

Now smoking Lane Burley and Black in a 2003 medium bent Ural meer with a lined and etched egg shaped bowl with a brown pearl acrylic stem.

Status
Not open for further replies.