What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Now smoking HU Moroccan Bazzar in a 1975 medium bend sandblasted looking, smooth on the sides yellow Pioneer meer with a black vulcanite stem.

Sherlock Holmes movie mistake

Elementary (TV Series 2012– ) Season 6 Episode 4 at 36:52, Sherlock hears the phrase "aionía i mními" from a thug so now he knows that the murderer is a Greek doctor Mr Demopoulos becuse that is a Greek phrase from Greek-Orthodox funerals and that was the phrase that the killer said after he stubbed multiple times a female doctor.
WRONG!
The phrase "αιωνία η μνήμη" means "eternal memory" and when we say "eternal memory" to a human it's like a wish: "someone will always remember you". That "someone" who will always remember the person which just passed away is God. We say that phrase with love and deep feeling, yes the priests say it in the end of funerals and memorizes and in speeches for very important persons which did good in our country but no one will say it after murder especially if the victim isn't a Greek-Orthodox. It's wrong and foolish, it's an abuse of that phrase and that doctor of that episode had absolutely no right to say it!
The "eternal memory" suits in an eulogy or in a mooring, it's a sacred phrase so the guy who wrote the scenario made a mistake and now that we have clarify this  
g025.gif
[ha ha...] let's get back to our habit.

26294889f42ea629d51f628584a7e975027ecd82.jpg

I am smoking Stanislaw Balkan Latakia in a Savinelli, cool water beside me.

Part way through this bowl of Rich Dark Flake in a straight sandblasted black billiard 2013 PSF POY Kaywoodie with an amber colored lucite stem.

Not far from finishing this bowl of Peretti No. 8 Slice in a 2003 medium bend straight grain Viggo Nielsen sitter with a Cumberland-like lucite stem. Ice tea and bergs is my drink.

Now smoking Greve Hamilton’s Blandning in an early smooth Radice Tiger Eye G medium bend pipe with a bamboo-style carving on the shank and a black acrylic stem. Watching the Braves-Nats game.

Listing this a few minutes early: Uhle’s Crushed White Burley in a 2014 smooth quarter bend Basil Meadows paneled horn with a cumberland stem and p-lip.

… earlier...C&D Black Frigate...now, Condor Long Cut in a '15 gp.5 Dunhill straight shell Rhodesian...fresh coffee brewing...rain and thunderstorms....

All Things Being Equal in a Rob Roy cob. Water from the well to pair.

Just finished smoking 2011 Villiger Virginia No. 444 in a three quarter bend smooth 1985 Dunhill Chestnut 5202 billiard with a cumberland stem.

Now smoking HU Old Fredder’s Broken Flake in a smooth straight early 1960s Lane era Charatan Executive Extra Large stretch apple with diagonal channel cuts on the lower right and left of the bowl along with a black vulcanite double comfort stem. This pipe was formerly owned by actor William Conrad. Ice water and bergs is my evening drink.

Now smoking Sutliff Flying Dutchman Match in a slight bend black sandblasted Lorenzo Elba Imperia 8636 with an amber colored acrylic stem. This should get me to dinner time. Getting set to watch the Mets-Yankees game.

Relaxing after a stuffed cabbage dinner, and part way through this bowl of MacBaren Three Nuns Yellow in a 2018 smooth straight flame grain Basil Meadows Merchant Service "Bing" replica with an aluminum band and black ebonite stem.

Listing this a few minutes early: MacBaren HH Balkan Blend in a full bend black pebble finish 2001 Rinaldo Lithos YY8 Titania Silver Line egg with a black acrylic stem.

Now smoking 2012 Virginia Spice in a 2004 smooth long shank Canadian Trever Talbot Ligne Bretagne Faite en Bretagne 4/3 with a black vulcanite stem. Working and listening to the MLB talk on the XM.

Today...in assorted briars...

2 bowls Old Gowrie
2 bowls 11 year old Dunhill Light Flake
1 bowl C&D Small Batch Sansepolcro

Now smoking Sutliff Fox & Hound in a smooth straight WW2 Pre-Republic Peterson Sterling Canadian with a sterling silver band and a black vulcanite p-lip stem.

Half way through this bowl of Esoterica Dunbar in a smooth straight late ‘50s, early 1960s Lane era Charatan Selected 43 Dublin with a black vulcanite double comfort stem. This pipe was formerly owned by actor William Conrad, too! My second Conrad pipe. Just finished work.

Now smoking Edgeworth Ready Rubbed Match in a 1970s three quarter bend half smooth, half sandblasted Savinelli Autograph 4 with a pearl brown lucite stem and ferrule.

Status
Not open for further replies.