What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Close to finishing this bowl of Ken Byron Ventures Jupiter Slices in a post WW2 Pre-Republic Peterson made in Dublin straight smooth X155 Bulldog with a sterling silver band and a black vulcanite p-lip stem. Been watching a documentary on Dean Martin. It's pretty good, but a few things they left out are kind of odd.
Peterson_PWW2_Bulldog_XL155.jpg

Sitting back with a quite large Molina half bent pipe Filled with Sutliff Queen Anne`s revenge,Got a K-cup,too.
I have to say this, It amazes me how a business owner can hire professional people to work for him and then he will criticize and belittle them as they try and do their job... I had talk 3 staff members out of quitting today!
Had a boss like that once. I finally told him either you stay in your office and quit pissing people off or I am out of here. To make matters worse, his wife was the bean counter but knew nothing about thd business. Stayed 2 years and moved on to greener pastures.

My last smoke of the day. CS Northwest Trek in a Bjarne bent billiard with ruby port on the side. Had a great ride around Granite Mountain with Cochise and my buddy Jim. Sorry about the pic, his camera takes crappy photos. Cochise doing his "what you talking about Willis" impersonation.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211120-185313_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20211120-185313_Gallery.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 46
  • Screenshot_20211120-183455_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20211120-183455_Gallery.jpg
    753.2 KB · Views: 48
Relaxing after a wonderful salad, wild caught catfish and snow peas dinner with a small scoop of strawberry ice cream for dessert. I'm smoking year 2014 Sutliff 1849 in a medium bend smooth dark brown 1968 Barling 5631 London England TVF billiard silver spigot with a tapered black vulcanite stem. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
Barling_Spigot_1849.jpg

Good morning,
Starting my day with a Pete Lestrade along with some 7 seas regular blend. Freshly perked Eldorado coffee too.I am not looking forward to go to work today knowing that I will have a very angry staff after yesterdays fiasco...

Another weekend morning, another burley blend with black coffee. Old Joe Krantz again, in a Neerup, dark roast, black, in the red cup. Cold water in the R2D2 Corkcicle canteen. Cheers!

View attachment 2889
Steely, how are you liking the OJK? I found it a little too strong with some harsh edges. But then, I didn't have a new Neerup to try it in, lol.

Steely, how are you liking the OJK? I found it a little too strong with some harsh edges. But then, I didn't have a new Neerup to try it in, lol.

I’m really liking it! I take my time with it - I’ve read it can be turn real harsh and unpleasant if you puff too fast and too much. I don’t smoke a ton - usually a pipe a day max and occasionally two in a day, sometimes days without. I guess because of this I tend to prefer stronger blends, more full bodied smokes, etc - anything medium+ really. Anyway, I think this pairs really well with the black dark roast. I’m still waiting on my sinuses to fully clear up - then I’ll have a better palate ready to give some more full thoughts on it.
As for the Neerup - it’s my first Neerup and first volcano. It smokes wonderfully and fits really well in my hand. Only complaint is it’s a little tough to pass a pipe cleaner but I’m enjoying everything else about it too much to care!

I’m really liking it! I take my time with it - I’ve read it can be turn real harsh and unpleasant if you puff too fast and too much. I don’t smoke a ton - usually a pipe a day max and occasionally two in a day, sometimes days without. I guess because of this I tend to prefer stronger blends, more full bodied smokes, etc - anything medium+ really. Anyway, I think this pairs really well with the black dark roast. I’m still waiting on my sinuses to fully clear up - then I’ll have a better palate ready to give some more full thoughts on it.
As for the Neerup - it’s my first Neerup and first volcano. It smokes wonderfully and fits really well in my hand. Only complaint is it’s a little tough to pass a pipe cleaner but I’m enjoying everything else about it too much to care!
Glad you're liking it. Maybe I puffed a little too fast? I like strong burleys like H&H Old Dark Fired, but the OJK just didn't do it for me. That Neerup is one good looking pipe, glad it's smoking good for you.

Glad you're liking it. Maybe I puffed a little too fast? I like strong burleys like H&H Old Dark Fired, but the OJK just didn't do it for me. That Neerup is one good looking pipe, glad it's smoking good for you.
I think OJK gets harsher for me when I get near the bottom of the bowl. I think I maybe packed a little too tight and tamped too much so I have to pull a little harder and then it’s harsher.

The HH Old Dark Fired is awesome - I really enjoy flake tobaccos and that one won me over the first time I tried it a few years back. Have you had Solani Aged Burley Flake?

Good morning and a happy Sunday to all. EZ, sorry you gotta work pal. Chin up, be positive, maybe it will go better than expected. Better to at least start out with a positive outlook. As for me it's my usual morning burley fix with some CH in a MM general cob with fresh dark roast coffee. A literal ton of birdies this am. Must be 50 or so flitting about.

I think OJK gets harsher for me when I get near the bottom of the bowl. I think I maybe packed a little too tight and tamped too much so I have to pull a little harder and then it’s harsher.

The HH Old Dark Fired is awesome - I really enjoy flake tobaccos and that one won me over the first time I tried it a few years back. Have you had Solani Aged Burley Flake?
Haven't tried that one. May get some when I've smoked down my stash a little, lol.