What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
About a third of a bowl left of year 2001 VaPer Three Nuns in a 1938 straight black grain relief Dunhill OX Shell bulldog with a silver band repair with a black vulcanite saddle stem.
Dunhill_1938_left.jpg

Relaxing after a wonderful salad, wild caught catfish and snow peas dinner with a small slice of Collins Street Bakery fruit cake for dessert. It's the only good fruit cake I have ever eaten. I'm not far from finishing this bowl of Motzek (TAK) Virginia Cake in an undated straight black sandblasted Kevin Arthur brandy with a multi-colored accent on the white acrylic saddle stem. This pipe was originally owned by Sante “FishnBanjo” Giuliani. Have enough left for a bowl or so. Community Coffee, neat, is my drink.
Kevin Arthur Brandy.jpg

Starting off my smoking day with a bowl from a first production tin (2013) of Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 2014 Basil Meadows smooth slight bend squashed tomato with an aluminum band and a black pearl acrylic stem in the military mount style. Up early because Basil is coming over for a visit.
Basil_squashed_ tomato copy.jpg

Half way through this bowl of year 2016 Peter Heinrichs Dark Strong Kentucky in an undated Family Era Sasieni Natural Four Dot Grosvenor smooth medium brown quarter bend bulldog with a black tapered vulcanite stem. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
SasieniNatural4Dot_Grosvenor.jpg

Italian quasi-calabash shaped pipe with 4 year old Luxury Navy Flake. I really don't care for shapes like this, but this thing is magical briar. Always a sweet, flavorful, fantastic smoke out of this pipe. I only purchased it because the seller gave it away. I look at it and think, "EH!" But I can't get rid of it.

Quick bowl of CS Rivendell in an I. Baglin 1/4 bend smooth bulldog meer before I head out to the ranch. More dark roast coffee. Birds finally woke up.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220105-091759_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20220105-091759_Gallery.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 36
  • Screenshot_20220105-093142_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20220105-093142_Gallery.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 37
Half way through this bowl of year 2012 Rolando’s Own in a smooth straight early ‘60s Lane era “William Conrad” Charatan Executive Extra Large stretch apple with diagonal channel cuts on the lower right and left of the bowl along with a black vulcanite double comfort saddle stem. Ice water and bergs is my drink. Had a great day with Basil Meadows smoking different pipe tobacco, eating pizza, and chatting about all kinds of subjects.
Conrad_apple-thumbnail copy.jpg

Perretti's Tashkent in a Pete system B64 smooth bent apple. English black tea on the side. Turned into a nice day, 60ish and sunny. Went out, pulled Cochise's blanket. Curried him and rode for half an hour in the arena. Wife eating dinner with friend so have to figure out what I can make without much effort. Feeling lazy, lol.

Wife got home earlier than expected. Brought me some leftover chicken fettacini so didn't have to make my own supper, lol. Apres diner, Arango Balkan Supreme in a vintage Comoys straight billiard. Ruby porto on the side. Great pairing. Port just seems to pull out more of the Balkan flavor.