What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Enjoyed a tasty lunch, and have about a third of a bowl left of Watch City Queequeg’s Moby Dick Series in a medium bend black sandblasted IPSD 2016 Mark Tinsky book keeper 5 with a square shank and a black acrylic saddle stem with a cream colored accent. Gold Star Jamaican Blue Mountain Coffee, neat, is my drink. Watching Tex Avery cartoons.
Tinsky_BookKeeper_side.jpg

A couple minutes away from smoking year 2016 Sutliff 507-C Slices in a black sandblast PSB medium bend 2021 Peterson POTY 4AB No. 228/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem.
4AB_PSB_left.jpg

Half way through this bowl of year 2014 Dan Tobacco Hamborger Veermaster in a smooth straight brown 1950 Dunhill 48 bulldog group 4 root briar with a black vulcanite fish tail saddle stem.
Dunhill_1950_root-bulldog48.jpg

Took advantage of our suddenly warm temps (dang near 80F today!!) to plant some seeds in the ol' vegetable bed. Enjoyed three bowls while doing so!! 2018 DH Dark Flake in a JM Boswell 3/4 bent rusticated volcano; 2016 Crown Achievement in an older Radice Underwood Twin Bore bent with Perspex stem; and lastly, Walnut in a 1961 DH 120 Tanshell. I need more days like this!! FTRPLT

Relaxing after a wonderful salad, chicken parmesan and sugar snap peas dinner with a small scoop of vanilla bean ice cream for dessert. I'm a third of the way through this bowl of Wilke No. 515 in a smooth dark medium bend 2021 Peterson Heritage Brown POTY 4AB No. 45/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem. This was the blend Basil Rathbone smoked. Community Coffee, neat, is my drink. Watching DuBarry Was A Lady starring Red Skelton, Lucille Ball, Gene Kelly and several great supporting actors. I don't think Lucy ever looked more beautiful than she did in this movie.
4AB_Brown-left.jpg

Took advantage of our suddenly warm temps (dang near 80F today!!) to plant some seeds in the ol' vegetable bed. Enjoyed three bowls while doing so!! 2018 DH Dark Flake in a JM Boswell 3/4 bent rusticated volcano; 2016 Crown Achievement in an older Radice Underwood Twin Bore bent with Perspex stem; and lastly, Walnut in a 1961 DH 120 Tanshell. I need more days like this!! FTRPLT
Crown achievement is some good stuff!!!

A Stanwell 158 with Crown Achievement from shortly after it was re-introduced. This is a shape no longer made by Stanwell, and while an attractive pipe, I've got one foot out the door and feeling it is time to sell it. This Crown Achievement was, and continues to be, a disappointment. The original was a favorite and a grand English blend, but this iteration is mediocre on its best days.

Last of my Urban Cowboy in a Pete system B64 bent apple. No more of this till I get my order of SWR from P&C. Love this blend. Like Maxwell House good to the last drop/puff. On my 3rd cup o joe. Watching the birdies and trying to mentally plan my honey do list, lol.

Just finished smoking year 2014 Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 2014 Basil Meadows smooth slight bend squashed tomato with an aluminum band and a black pearl acrylic stem in the military mount style.
Basil_squashed_ tomato copy.jpg

Almost half way through this bowl of year 2012 Rolando’s Own in a smooth straight early ‘60s Lane era “William Conrad” Charatan Executive Extra Large stretch apple with diagonal channel cuts on the lower right and left of the bowl along with a black vulcanite double comfort saddle stem. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
Conrad_apple-thumbnail copy.jpg

Enjoyed a tasty lunch, and have about a third of a bowl left of aged Rattrays Hal O’ The Wynd in a straight smooth brown pre-1952 (Comoy’s) Corinthian De-Luxe 126 pot made for Sutliff in San Francisco with a black tapered vulcanite stem. Gold Star Jamaican Blue Mountain Coffee, neat, is my drink. Watching Wanted: Dead or Alive.
Comoy's_CorinthianDe-Luxe_Sutliff126 pot .jpg