What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Smoking a Savinelli 616 ks filtered pipe with the last of my CS Old Toby -not a bad blend,but not as good as Parsons blend. Drinking the last of my coffee while I decide if I do any yard work out in the cold weather today. Tomorrow I am scheduled to go in for the heart stents...
Good luck on your operation. Praying that it all goes well for you.

Never slept much, so I gave up, and am not far from finishing this bowl of year 2015 Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 2014 Basil Meadows smooth slight bend squashed tomato with an aluminum band and a black pearl acrylic stem in the military mount style. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
Basil_squashed_ tomato copy.jpg

Smoking a Savinelli 616 ks filtered pipe with the last of my CS Old Toby -not a bad blend,but not as good as Parsons blend. Drinking the last of my coffee while I decide if I do any yard work out in the cold weather today. Tomorrow I am scheduled to go in for the heart stents...
Best of luck to you.

Now smoking year 2015 Mac Baren Virginia #1 in a straight black 1925 Dunhill patent shell Canadian 33 with a tapered black vulcanite stem. First time smoking this new-to-me pipe. Think I'll smoke Canadians/Lumbermans/ Liverpools/Bings this afternoon.
Dunhill_1925_Canadian.jpg

Good afternoon, I'm taking a lunch break and enjoying a sample of some Chenet's cake cellared since July 2016 and generously shared by DrT999. This is a wonderful blend and helps confirm my love of Perique. I shall have some to cellar myself soon. My most enjoyed pipe for this blend has been this bent stem Viking. Swede
20220426_163030.jpg

Good afternoon, I'm taking a lunch break and enjoying a sample of some Chenet's cake cellared since July 2016 and generously shared by DrT999. This is a wonderful blend and helps confirm my love of Perique. I shall have some to cellar myself soon. My most enjoyed pipe for this blend has been this bent stem Viking. SwedeView attachment 4667
Welcome to the forum! Glad to see you post a smoke. I hope you'll do more of that.

Thank you, and I will try. I've got to work on my pipe condition and tobacco variety. I have a meerschaum from college days-almost 40 years old, some briars from ebay and my Dad's old ones, and I like and have cobs. I'm generally fascinated with tobacco types, manufacturing/production and culture surrounding it. My town has been known as the "The World's Finest Dark Fired Tobacco", so I guess it comes naturally...

Enjoyed a tasty lunch, and am closing in on the half way mark on this bowl of year 2021 unreleased Sutliff Black Virginia flake in a late 80's, early 90s James Upshall P DS Tilshead England Made By Hand L185 Canadian with a silver band and a tapered black vulcanite stem. Gold Star Kona Extra Fancy, neat, is my drink. Watching an episode of The Food That Built America.
James Upshall P DS_L185 Canadian.jpg

Not far from finishing this bowl of year 2007 Astley’s No. 109 in a smooth brown straight circa 1950s-60s BBB Contrast 506 Canadian with a tapered black vulcanite stem. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
BBB_Contrast506_Canadian.jpg

Did a second set of walking reps, and smoked a bowl of Sutliff Dunhill Elizabethan Match in a straight smooth brown 1960s-70s BBB Own Make 506 Canadian with a sterling silver band and a tapered black vulcanite stem.
BBB Own Make 506 Canadian.jpg

A third of the way through this bowl of Wilke No. 515 in a smooth dark medium bend 2021 Peterson Heritage Brown POTY 4AB No. 45/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem. This was the blend Basil Rathbone smoked. This should get me to dinner time. Watching the Braves-Cubs game.
4AB_Brown-left.jpg

Relaxing after a wonderful salad, wild caught catfish and green beans dinner with a small scoop of vanilla bean ice cream for dessert. I'm almost a third of the way through this bowl of year 2018 Esoterica Dunbar in a smooth straight, dark brown early 1960s Lane era Charatan Selected 43 Dublin with a black vulcanite double comfort saddle stem. This pipe was formerly owned by actor William Conrad. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
Conrad-Dublin copy.jpg

Can't believe I'm the first one up, lol. Figgy Pudding in a Don Carlos bent brandy and Costa Rican blend coffee. Heading to Sedona in a couple hours to have lunch with wifes CA cousins.