What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Phone chatting with the great Joe Lankford, and in his honor I am smoking from a freshly opened tin of his creation of year 2015 Seattle Pipe Club Deception Pass in a smooth straight brown late 1930s Linkman’s Dr. Grabow Deluxe Bruyere 9708B pot with a nickel accent and a black tapered vulcanite stem. First time smoking this pipe.
View attachment 2131
Nice looking pipe. Hope it smokes as good as it looks.

Relaxing after a wonderful salad, tuna steaks and asparagus dinner with strawberries for dessert. I'm close to finishing this bowl of year 2013 Stonehaven in a straight black sandblasted 1957 Barling Exel 249 Fossil T.V.F. black billiard with a silver banded military mount and a black ebonite tapered stem. Community Coffee, neat, is my drink. Watching the Braves-Dodgers game.
Barling_249.jpg

After some heavy, heavy rain yesterday, it’s a beautiful 65 degrees out with sunshine this morning. Fortunately for me, I have the day off work, so enjoying some deck time with a bowl of Gawith Hoggarth Coniston Cut Plug in a Savinelli bent made for and purchased at Main Street Cigar in Bel Air, Maryland. Looking forward to relaxing today and watching some movies and catching up on a good book!
758FC15A-9112-4695-BC40-5EBB21FD71DD.jpeg

Good morning,
Starting my day with some Lane 1Q/BCA MIX in my Pete Lestrade . I seemed to be smoking a bit more quickly lately, I think this became a habit at work-always running out for a quick smoke! I am making an effort to slow it down.
On a side note; A pipe smoking guy I know asked to borrow 2-3 of my pipes for a couple of weeks,nothing in particular,just wanted to borrow some of my pipes. I thought this was weird as hell.He is well off and has a nice collection of his own.Anyway,I said no and he is no longer speaking to me. Who does that! That just seemed very odd to me- a pipe is a personal thing!
If he makes such a personal request and is no longer speaking to you after you declined he wasn't worth knowing in the first place. JMHO.

Almost finished smoking circa year 2000 Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 2014 Basil Meadows smooth slight bend squashed tomato with an aluminum band and a black pearl acrylic stem in the military mount style.
Basil_squashed_ tomato copy.jpg

Did a set of walking reps, and smoked a bowl of year 2016 D&R Three Sails in an undated straight brush etched black Molina apple with a nickel band and a black tapered vulcanite stem.
Molina_Apple.jpg

Enjoyed a tasty lunch, and am smoking Prince Albert in an undated, unbranded straight smooth brown made in France Los Alton VBF Canadian with a tapered black vulcanite stem. Going walking with this pipe since it went so well yesterday.
Los_Alton_VBF_Canadian.jpg

Half way through this bowl of Bjarne Flake De Luxe in a straight smooth brown year 1948 Parker Super Bruyere patent 23 88/F bulldog with a tapered black vulcanite stem. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
1948_Parker_patent 23 bulldog..jpg

Half way through this bowl of Watch City Rouxgaroux in a late 50s, early 60s Comoy’s straight smooth dark brown Deluxe 20 billiard with a silver cap military mount and a black vulcanite tapered stem.
Comoy’s_Deluxe 20 billiard_50-60.jpg

Relaxing after a wonderful salad, chicken legs and sugar snap peas dinner with strawberries for dessert. I'm a quarter of the way through this bowl of year 2018 Esoterica Dunbar in a smooth straight, dark brown early 1960s Lane era Charatan Selected 43 Dublin with a black vulcanite double comfort saddle stem. This pipe was formerly owned by actor William Conrad. Larry's Expresso #9, neat, is my drink. Watching the Braves-Rockies game.
Conrad-Dublin copy.jpg

Enjoyed a very tasty Envy apple, and am smoking KBV The Awe Das City in a 1979 smooth straight dark brown Loewe Army 910 billiard with a silver cap military mount and a tapered black vulcanite stem.
Loewe910_Army_MMount.jpg