What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yesterday, I tried Three Nuns for the first time. Whle I and found it to be some what similar and little bit milder than St. Bruno Flake it was nevertheless, an enjoyable smoke. Today for the first time I am going try MacBarens Scottish Mixture in my Peterson. The large bent billiard has always been my favourite style of pipe. Cradling that large warm bowl in my hand always feels special. Since Peterson was Mark Twains favourite pipe; here is one of his many witticisms: "The man who is a pessimist before 48 knows too much; if he is an optimist after, he knows too little".

Pipe7.JPG

Enjoyed a tasty lunch, and am passing the quarter mark on this bowl of several years old Peterson Irish Flake in a 1960s Austrian meerschaum bent apple with a tapered yellow stem. Going to smoke a bowl from a new tin of IF later to see how this blend was changed.
Austrian_meer_apple.jpg

Just finished a corned beef and cabbage dinner that my wife requested, I think she enjoyed it by the way she was wolfing it down,LOL! Anyway ,Smoking a Vauen bent pot with Sutliff creme brulee and a mug of CR coffee. I had a busy day because the weather here was great. I think it was in the low 50`s and sunny,I even took my 1953 pontiac out for a spin!

Relaxing after a wonderful salad, steel head trout and sugar snap peas dinner with strawberries for dessert. I'm a quarter of the way through this bowl of year 2014 Full Virginia Flake in a straight 1968 Dunhill Shell bulldog with a black vulcanite saddle stem. Ice water and bergs is my drink for now.
Dunhill_1968Bulldog.jpg

Sorry for the hiatus, been a busy week with no relief in sight until about the 7th. I was able to pop out for a quick puff in this small Williard, I have 3 or 4 Willards and enjoy them very much, they are sturdier, better looking, and better crafted than a grabow in my opinion for around the same price ranger (or cheaper). All I could find about the company is that they were distributed on military bases during the Vietnam era. I never served and all of my friends served much later than Vietnam, I know we have some vets on here so if anyone has experience with this brand, or saw it while deployed, I would love to hear from you about it!

Happy new years to everyone if I don't get back on here for a few days!

smallwillard.jpg

I haven’t posted anything in a few days because life has been interfering with my pipe smoking. But, I’ve been making it count with Gawith & Hoggarth Rum Flake in a MM Southport Ferryman. Originally didn’t think I would like this tobacco, but I’ve gone through the tin in less than a week. Have a good evening everyone.
3F242B80-A051-4779-8F6F-003ECF17223B.jpeg

Needed a comfort smoke this am so it's my go to Urban Cowboy in the huge Don Carlos bent dublin with CR coffee. Getting a little frustrated with wife's son and grandson visiting. I don't do well with an overly energetic 8 year old and a screwed up California liberal. Think I will head for the ranch and ride Cochise. At least he understands me, lol.

Yesterday I tried Mac Baren’s Scottish Mixture for the first time. This is an incredibly mild tobacco to the point that it challenged and teased my senses in identifying a significant flavour. In my opinion, this overly mild tobacco, would be overwhelmed if smoked with a glass of whisky or bourbon, It would be good for a novice smoker, or an early morning pipe. Tonight I will enjoy my Ferndown packed with Erinmore Flake and a tumbler of Buffalo Trace Bourbon - Erinmore will not be intimidated.
Pipe2.JPG