What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Starting my day with a Bari Wiking freehand and some Virginia slices and a k-cup by Tim Horton.
Smoking pipes Europe has a sale going on,Peterson seconds@ good prices-I got my Pete Strand from them and the pipe was here in a week! be aware of their grading system. #1 BEST,etc. My strand was a grade 2 and it looks and smokes fine... The pipes are not marked by numbers/models-you have to go by there pictures!

Good morning everyone. Starting my day with CS Choctaw in a Pete system B42 with modified Plip and military mount stem. With Costa Rican coffee. Sitting here trying to assess the damage from yesterday's hellatious winds. Had gusts to 60 mph. Got home from the ranch and one bird feeder was hanging upside down. Damaged but repairable. Blew over a couple of potted dwarf pines. Like I said before. I love this place but spring winds here are a bitch. Hope you all have a good day.

Hello fellow BoBs. Filling a Big Ben "phantom" 495 panelled bulldog with fishtail stem, with some of Rangers gifted Rivendell. Another beautiful day here in old blighty, the sun temperature is now starting to warm things up nicely. Won't be long now until the forest and fauna bursts into life.

A quarter of the way through this bowl of early 2000s Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 2014 Basil Meadows smooth slight bend squashed tomato with an aluminum band and a black pearl acrylic stem in the military mount style.
Basil_squashed_ tomato copy.jpg

Earlier, a bowl of Triple Play. Looking for something a bit different for me, I poked around the tins and came up with Dan's Tordenskjold Virginia Slices (hereafter just called Virginia Slices) from 2018. Nice raisins in the tin note; we'll see how it smokes, both bowls in Country Gentlemen.

Enjoyed a tasty lunch, and am passing the quarter mark on this bowl of year 2020 Watch City Rouxgaroux in a smooth medium bend 2021 Peterson POTY Natural 4AB No. 6/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem. Lavazza Perfetto, neat, is my drink.
4AB_Nat_left.jpg

Off early, so enjoying another bowl of John Patton Dark Horse in a Briarlee Goodfellow. It has the well and army mount like a Peterson. I won this as a GAW from Parsimonius Piper, a member of the YTPC. I saw him at Muletown, and had watched his video about this, and asked if someone won it. They hadn't and I met the criteria- a non- presenter and subscriber. A nice guy with great content, generous give away and nice, beautiful, good smoking pipe.
20230404_143537.jpg

Got off early today for physical therapy and then came home and blended some Presbyterian, Match Presbyterian that is. Bought one of the blending kits from Pipesandcigars.com and mixed the ingredients in a big stainless steel bowl and am now smoking some. Smoking a bowl of it in a Personal Reserve bent Dublin. It tastes pretty good, very smooth and there is no bite.
Personal-Reserve-pipes-001.jpg

Just finished a bowl of Match BB1938, blended from a P&C blending kit, in an El Morjane Algerian briar billiard. One thing that I noticed about these pipes is that it is difficult to fit a pipe cleaner into the stem because the opening is so small. Anyone else run into this problem with one of these pipes? I'm either going to have to open it up some or find some tiny pipe cleaners.

Relaxing after a wonderful salad, chicken legs and sugar snap peas dinner with strawberries for dessert. I'm nearing the last third of this bowl of year 2016 Sutliff 507-C Slices in a black sandblast PSB medium bend 2021 Peterson POTY 4AB No. 228/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem. Cleaning a few pipes as I watch the Braves-Cardinals game.
4AB_PSB_left.jpg