What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
CD Habana Daydream in a CAO Mark Twain meerschaum.
16889236596814226908057893130949.jpg

Enjoyed a too short nap, and a couple of apple turnovers, and am close to finishing this bowl of Peretti Royal in a black sandblasted medium bend 2013 Mark Tinsky Coral 5 cherrywood with a smooth dark brown shank and bottom with a tapered black briar accented acrylic stem.
Tinsky_Cherrywood.jpg

Enjoyed a tall stack of cinnamon raisin French toast with peach and golden delicious apple slices on the side. I've a third of a bowl left of Seattle Pipe Club Virginia Jazz in a smooth medium brown medium bend 1950s B.B.B. Own Make 307 apple with a sterling silver band and black vulcanite saddle stem. Ice water and bergs is my drink. Watching the Braves-Jays game. The rain finally stopped and Daisy the Feral Princess, Tomato the Brave and Abner the Eager were at the door waiting for food. They were so hungry they didn't even think about bothering each other.
BBB_Own_Make307_apple .jpg

A third of the way through this bowl of year 2020 Watch City Rouxgaroux in a smooth medium bend 2021 Peterson POTY Natural 4AB No. 6/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem. Enjoying my weekly pipe zoom.
4AB_Nat_left.jpg

Charley,
Thanks for sharing that bit of wisdom. It probably belongs in its own thumb-tacked post somewhere.

I've been wondering how your work with the meers would come out.

I wonder: have you tried buffing some of the pieces that have taken up color? Is it just in the wax, or is the wax helping the meer to retain the particles?

(I am honestly, genuinely curious.)

In all best wishes,
Book
I heard back from Meerschaum Market, and he said the white is actually the natural meerschaum color. The beeswax exaggerates or "triples" the color from smoking but it doesn't stain the meerschaum, so it turns white. The dark parts will come out more and more over months of smoking. His name was Burak, which I assume is a Turkish name, and he said this was normal for beeswax to do this. Phew!

I did use a Dremel tool on a cracked meerschaum I waxed, with different accessories. It's a fun tool to have, I might use the felt buffers on pipes. I have mineral oil, and I have briar wax. Probably just do a dry buff on the meers. Thanks for your suggestion Bali, and any others you might have. 🙂