What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just finished smoking year 2016 Sutliff 507-C Slices in a straight dark brown 1920s Comoy’s Sunrise Natural S369 squat bulldog with a tapered black vulcanite stem. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
Comoy's_Sunrise_Natural_SBD_s369.jpg

Now smoking a giant bowl from a freshly opened tin of year 2000 VaPer Three Nuns in a 2002 smooth straight grain full bend Two dot Dorelio Rovera Ardor Venere Extra Giant Fantasy flat front sitter military mount with a blue ferrule and a black acrylic saddle stem with a silver covered tenon. Haven't smoked this pipe in a few years because it's big!
Ardor_2Dot_Extra GiantFantasy#1.jpg

ThreeNunsOpen.jpg

ThreeNunsClose.jpg

Now smoking a giant bowl from a freshly opened tin of year 2000 VaPer Three Nuns in a 2002 smooth straight grain full bend Two dot Dorelio Rovera Ardor Venere Extra Giant Fantasy flat front sitter military mount with a blue ferrule and a black acrylic saddle stem with a silver covered tenon. Haven't smoked this pipe in a few years because it's big!
View attachment 16031
View attachment 16032
View attachment 16033
Damn, Jim! The name is nearly as big as the pipe.

Starting off my smoking day early with a bowl of pre-2014 Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 2014 Basil Meadows smooth slight bend squashed tomato with an aluminum band and a black pearl acrylic stem in the military mount style. Have a few friends to check on.
Basil_squashed_ tomato copy.jpg

While some D&R blends can be used for cigarettes, which I don't smoke, all of them are suitable for the pipe. Some are are made for a pipe only. Three Sails, Penhooker and Penhooker Silver are double duty products, but I enjoy their high citrus content. Windsail is just a durn good straight Va. smoke.

If you want a burley blend with a little strength, try Two Timer and Two Timer Gold.
I'll add the Two Timer to my next bulk order. I've been enjoying Pegasus and Winchester lately as my morning and afternoon smokes. I was a loyal Prince Albert smoker but after about 5 years of PA I started craving something stronger. When I started pipe smoking my first everyday blend was Carter Hall for a few months then switched to Sir Walter Raleigh aromatic. Then I went to SWR regular for years. I switched to PA and Lane Limited Ready Rubbed. I wasn't satisfied though, like I was wanting more tobacco. When a friend suggested Pegasus I instantly loved it. Another friend was a long time Velvet smoker and he switched to Winchester when Lane moved to Denmark, so I tried Winchester and really liked that too. That tobacco you helped create with Watch City Cigar, does that have a satisfying nicotine content? I'm sure the taste is wonderful along with the aroma, especially if you were involved.

Now smoking Watch City American Cut Plug Mixture in a smooth medium bend terracotta Peterson POY 2023 X160 464/1100 military mount egg with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
Peterson_POY2023_X160.jpg

I'll add the Two Timer to my next bulk order. I've been enjoying Pegasus and Winchester lately as my morning and afternoon smokes. I was a loyal Prince Albert smoker but after about 5 years of PA I started craving something stronger. When I started pipe smoking my first everyday blend was Carter Hall for a few months then switched to Sir Walter Raleigh aromatic. Then I went to SWR regular for years. I switched to PA and Lane Limited Ready Rubbed. I wasn't satisfied though, like I was wanting more tobacco. When a friend suggested Pegasus I instantly loved it. Another friend was a long time Velvet smoker and he switched to Winchester when Lane moved to Denmark, so I tried Winchester and really liked that too. That tobacco you helped create with Watch City Cigar, does that have a satisfying nicotine content? I'm sure the taste is wonderful along with the aroma, especially if you were involved.
The nic-hit in Watch City American Cut Plug Mixture is a tad more than moderate. It was designed to be a mild to medium, all day, mostly comfortable, upscale OTC. Neither of us wanted a nicotine bomb. We went through seven versions before we were satisfied. The flavor of the final one reminded me quite a bit of the 1950s George Washington Cut Plug, and when I told Ernie Q. that, we decided to go with it. Frankly, I think it's a little better than GWCP. The 1970s production GWCP was a scaled down version of the 1950s one.

The nic-hit in Watch City American Cut Plug Mixture is a tad more than moderate. It was designed to be a mild to medium, all day, mostly comfortable, upscale OTC. Neither of us wanted a nicotine bomb. We went through seven versions before we were satisfied. The flavor of the final one reminded me quite a bit of the 1950s George Washington Cut Plug, and when I told Ernie Q. that, we decided to go with it. Frankly, I think it's a little better than GWCP. The 1970s production GWCP was a scaled down version of the 1950s one.
Oh wow Jim! I actually have a box of GW that's unopened. A buddy of mine acquired two boxes and sent me one. I was contemplating on opening it and rehydrating it if it were to need it, and try it out. I couldn't bring myself to open the box. I know it was discontinued in '74, the year I appeared on this planet lol. I think this box is from the late 60s, it doesn't have a bar code like some of my PA metal pocket tins do. I've always wanted to try GW. Anyway, thank you for the response. I need to reorder some more Deluxe Crumb Cut so I'll give Cut Plug Mixture a try. Thanks again Sir.

Enjoyed a tall stack of cinnamon raisin French toast with unsalted peanuts, and a big, tasty golden delicious apple on the side. I'm near the last quarter of this bowl of Watch City English Ernie-ental in a straight dark brown and tan rusticated Peterson 2023 Saint Patrick’s Day 264 Canadian with an Irish flag colored ferrule and tapered black acrylic stem. Freshly ground Lavazza Classico, neat, is my drink.
Peterson_St. Patrick's_Canadian264.jpg