Your latest order from Mr. Snuff, Toque, Rosinski, etc.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good to hear his customer service it top flight! You ended up with the same stuff I got just a larger size. I definitely think you'll enjoy them though!

Jim

Having done drywall, I assume I understand "spackled".

Why do it as opposed to sniffing?

huffelpuff":nznonegn said:
Just tried the Moulin Rouge. Wow! Very cherry, yet earthy and complex. This one is going to take some getting to know you better time!
You sure that's not residual WoS Cherry Menthol? ;) :p

Nice to hear about the proper customer service. What do the tins look like? Are they the screw top variety?

I am blind here, post some pics already. Ha, ha, ha...

@DireWolf yes you got it when I say spackel I mean just that. It also works well with really fine dry snuff if you're a beginner and don't want to blast your eyeballs out of their sockets!

Chris, they're screw tops alright. Very nice ones I might add. I'll try and get a pic up.

As far as residual Cherry Menthol, no before I change flavors I use a pair of q-tips dipped in water to clean out my nose. Quite effective it is too.

I love the Old Mill tins. Old Mill and Toque knock it out of the park in that regard.

Blackhorse":dqivir7y said:
Just ordered off the new Old Mill menu:

Rat Bastard - Large
Equinox - Small
Not an "official" order yet, but once I see how the April "disposable" income looks I'm aiming at OM Rat Bastard, Antebellum, Lambic, and either Marlin Spike or Acadia (let's be honest...probably both).

Just had to do this. The descriptions on the three I just ordered are enough to make you understand that Daniel is a bona fide executive chef who understands that each aspect, large and small, of a recipe is critical to the success of the outcome.

Read and drool:

Rat Bastard: Toasted Dominican volado, a hint of Kentucky Dark Fire Cured burley, St. James Perique, Turkish Prilep and a generous portion of Red Virginia scented with a complex blend of coffee, cocoa, cinnamon, vanilla and orange peel. After thorough aging the tobaccos are milled to a medium-fine grind with a hint of moisture, creating a snuff with a unique, deep scent of rich tobaccos highlighted with citrus notes and a long finish focusing on the baritones from the coffee and cocoa.

Old English Toast 2015 (the Balkan): Dark Air Cured East Carolina, Cyprian Latakia, Fire Cured Green Valley Burley, Flue Cured Red Virginia, Izmir, Yenidje, Greek Basma and Black Cavendish tobaccos gently toasted to a deep brown then cask conditioned in toasted Spanish cedar with a few Tahitian Vanilla Beans.  After three months of aging they are joined by fresh Brown Cavendish, milled to a medium grind to produce a dark, rich, smoky and easy going toasted snuff with no additional scents. 

Equinox, Spring 2015: Bright yellow flue cured from Canada lightly dressed with plum eau de vie infused with dried Japanese cherry blossoms, a few sprigs of fresh mint and Meyer lemon zest, air dried then milled into a faintly floral, semi-dry snuff of medium grind with unique notes of freshly mowed hay from the excellent leaf.

I'd really like to taste Chef Daniel's cooking. Must be awesome!

tslots":9sq15uru said:
I'd really like to taste Chef Daniel's cooking.   Must be awesome!  
That makes two of us brother!

Just got my order from Mr Snuff. Doesn't look like customs touched it at all. Mr Snuff did cheap out on me and only sent one sample tube but it's the one I was most interested in the Uckermärker. Just plain dark tobacco. The Poltergeist very heavy on the menthol, I like! The Berliner Luft smells very much of black pepper I ought to love this one!

gravel":zywlrxmy said:
Ordered medium tins of Limoncello, Yvette, and Lambic from Old Mill.
These are scheduled to arrive today. I wonder which I should try first. :pig:
I received medium tins of Limoncello, Nocturne, and Moulin Rouge!

Alerted to the error, Chef Daniel quickly (within 15 minutes) had apologized, and sent tracking info on large tins of Lambic and Yvette. He also told me to keep the extra tins.
Ah yea, large tins of Yvette and Lambic arrived today. These are huge. I trust it won't take a test of will to finish these like Grousemoor. :)