What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A third of the way through this bowl of Wilke Hearth of Galway in an undated smooth straight medium brown made in France Saillard Lord Clerit lumberman with a black vulcanite saddle stem.
Lord_Clerit_Lumberman.jpg

A third of a bowl left of Wilke No. 515 Double Shot in a smooth dark medium bend 2021 Peterson Heritage Brown POTY 4AB No. 45/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem. This is No. 515 with twice the rum of the Basil Rathbone blend. Time to do some reading.
4AB_Brown-left.jpg

Not far from finishing this bowl of Wilke Peanut Butter and Chocolate in a 2016 quarter bend Royal Meerschaum lattice apple meer with a tapered black, gold and cream swirl amber colored acrylic stem. This will end my smoking day.
Royal_M_Lattice_Apple.jpg

Good morning friends and fellow BoBs.
I was going to continue smoking my heirloom pipes today. But as I was looking through my racks, I spied a little pipe that was out of place. Muttering to myself I asked it what it was doing in the Parker section, when it should be with the savs. So I'm going to fill this Savinelli Aligator 315 with some Early Morning pipe, before putting it back in its correct berth. And I wish you all a wonderful day my friends. 😊
20230622_113436.jpg

Good morning,
Smoking a Winslow bent apple with MB vanilla cream and a an 8 o`clock k-cup. drizzled all night here.As usual the weather report was wrong! they said thunderstorms with heavy rain,flooding,etc. I`m trying to get it together early so I can go to the range .

Had a nice surprise from the Postman this afternoon, a gift of various tobaccos from everyone's great buddy Ranger. Cheers mate your a superstar. So without further ado, I'm going to go all Western, and try Rangers Urban Cowboy, in a Butz Choquin Rodeo. Have a great day y'all yeeeehaaawww.

Tried fishing at the Oceanic fishing Pier in O.C.MD. Weather is real crappy. Wet and wild, but had a nice smoke . A bowl of Molto Dolci in a corn cob. With the wind and light drizzle it reminded me of smoking a bowl on the poop deck on a ship when I was in the Merchant Marine. That's when I smoked SWR. ;)

Had a nice surprise from the Postman this afternoon, a gift of various tobaccos from everyone's great buddy Ranger. Cheers mate your a superstar. So without further ado, I'm going to go all Western, and try Rangers Urban Cowboy, in a Butz Choquin Rodeo. Have a great day y'all yeeeehaaawww.
Yep let's saddle up and ride. Let me know how you like Urban Cowboy. It's really good with cowboy coffee.

Just finishing up a bowl of CS Choctaw in a Don Carlos bent brandy. Starting on my 2nd mug of cowboy coffee. Time to load up a bowl of Urban Cowboy and join up with Zippo for the drive. Have to be at the VA by 10 for a PTSD equine event. EZ, can you throw some bacon on a biscuit, we're burning daylight, lol.

Yep let's saddle up and ride. Let me know how you like Urban Cowboy. It's really good with cowboy coffee.
I loved your Urban Cowboy, considering the name you called it. I was expecting something stronger, that would kick start my lungs, but I was very pleasantly surprised to how mild it was. It would definitely be something I would smoke on a regular basis....loved it.

I loved your Urban Cowboy, considering the name you called it. I was expecting something stronger, that would kick start my lungs, but I was very pleasantly surprised to how mild it was. It would definitely be something I would smoke on a regular basis....loved it.
I could easily make it stronger by cutting back on the black cav and adding more ODF. May try an experiment with that some time but I like my original blend with morning coffee.

I could easily make it stronger by cutting back on the black cav and adding more ODF. May try an experiment with that some time but I like my original blend with morning coffee.
No don't change it, it's a great smoke as it is. Any chance of your recipe, and I'll have a bash at reproducing it. It really is so worthy of a top spot in my cellar. 😊

A bowl of Wilke Peanut Butter got me into town, through a little walk downtown after dinner, and then back home. It's an interesting tobacco, a couple of people said it reminded them of cherry tobaccos they'd remembered. It's pretty nutty to me. I had a great night, thank you all for all the happy bdays. Smoked in a Mastro Geppetto rusticated 22.
View attachment 10491
Charley,

I took delivery on a Mastro Geppetto that is very similar to this one yesterday, and it smokes well. There's what appears to me to be a difference between our pipes. At the back of the bowl on mine there is a flat surface that drops from the rim to the shank. I had never seen that sort of modification on a circular bowl before, and I was wondering if you had seen anything like it in your pipe smoking experience. The stain on mine wasn't as dark as yours, but I can't complain abut that at all, because it probably won't darken too much more with handling. Any opinions or comments would be appreciated. Best regards,
Carl

Charley,

I took delivery on a Mastro Geppetto that is very similar to this one yesterday, and it smokes well. There's what appears to me to be a difference between our pipes. At the back of the bowl on mine there is a flat surface that drops from the rim to the shank. I had never seen that sort of modification on a circular bowl before, and I was wondering if you had seen anything like it in your pipe smoking experience. The stain on mine wasn't as dark as yours, but I can't complain abut that at all, because it probably won't darken too much more with handling. Any opinions or comments would be appreciated. Best regards,
Carl
A flat surface, like a bulldog? I guess mine is a Dublin, though it just says 22 on the shank. Can you take a picture of your pipe? I love Geppettos.